An Early Look at the 2020 Draft's Top Prospects

8 hours ago, dcterp said:

Perfect Game out with its top college players for the 2020 draft - their top 3 is Austin Martin, Torkelson and Hancock.  Only the top10 are viewable, rest behind the paywall:

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=17591

I'm looking forward to a more robust discussion of who the Orioles should select with their first pick this upcoming draft. Rutschman was the pretty strong favorite for most of the run up this year, but there are at least 5-6 solid candidates for pick 1-2 currently and I think it could grow if some of the players progress like I think they will. 

• Upvote 2

Well with 8 games to go, Tigers have virtually cemented their position as number one pick as they are on a 4 game losing streak and we are 4  1/2 games back.  We are in no danger of losing our number two slot as we are ahead of both Miami and Kansas City by a similar margin.   So, number two it looks like it will be. 

On 9/21/2019 at 7:09 AM, Luke-OH said:

I'm looking forward to a more robust discussion of who the Orioles should select with their first pick this upcoming draft. Rutschman was the pretty strong favorite for most of the run up this year, but there are at least 5-6 solid candidates for pick 1-2 currently and I think it could grow if some of the players progress like I think they will. 

Obviously you want the O's to pick the guy they think has the most talent and can be developed into the best guy, but there's also the leverage factor here. A chance to save here w/o much of a talent trade off would help down in the draft.

21 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Obviously you want the O's to pick the guy they think has the most talent and can be developed into the best guy, but there's also the leverage factor here. A chance to save here w/o much of a talent trade off would help down in the draft.

BPA please!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jtschrei said:

Does Martin remind anyone else of Dansby Swanson? 

Not really, aside from them both being infielders from Vanderbilt.  Looks to me like Martin has significantly more bat speed.  And in the infield, call me crazy, but he kind of moves like Jeter.

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

How does Gonzales stack up to Madrigal In your opinion? The cliff notes version seems like less bat control but more raw pop, but I don’t know much about Gonzales defense.

For my money he's probably the best overall college hitter in the class and will be an average defender at 2b, long term.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...