David Ortiz Shot in Dominican Republic

bpilktree

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Because nobody ever gets shot in a bar in the US.    

Best wishes to Ortiz for a full and speedy recovery.    Not my favorite player by any stretch, but it’s a real shame this happened.   

True, but whats the count up to, at least 4 American couples in the past couple of weeks from the same resort have gotten ill and even died?

I agree, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Not my favorite player either, but nobody should have to go through this.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Going to roll my eyes on that one.

Doesn't do any harm but I'm quite sure Ortiz can swing a plane to the states on his own.

Ortiz was so clutch for his entire career, the Red Sox should cover all of his transit requirements for the next 40 years. 

I look forward to seeing him in the Bruins' duck boat parade on Friday....I'm sure he has the route memorized. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Going to roll my eyes on that one.

Doesn't do any harm but I'm quite sure Ortiz can swing a plane to the states on his own.

Yeah, I dunno why you'd roll your eyes at that.  I mean, I know you're trying to be cool.  But if the Orioles had a guy like that, I'd hope Elias would send a plane for him.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Because nobody ever gets shot in a bar in the US.    

Best wishes to Ortiz for a full and speedy recovery.    Not my favorite player by any stretch, but it’s a real shame this happened.   

Yeah but you can't drink the water.  I don't go any place where you have to stay in a resort that has armed guards.  Doesn't sound like a fun type of vacation. Tons of traffic fatalities as well.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I dunno why you'd roll your eyes at that.  I mean, I know you're trying to be cool.  But if the Orioles had a guy like that, I'd hope Elias would send a plane for him. 

I'd rather he sign draft picks.

Seems to me they are making a pointless gesture in an effort to look good.

You do something for a 19 year old in A ball that gets shot you get my attention. 

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You do something for a 19 year old in A ball that gets shot you get my attention. 

You are just arguing to argue at this point. 

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure they need to actually make any effort to look good.....they look good no matter what they do. 

55 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah but you can't drink the water.  I don't go any place where you have to stay in a resort that has armed guards.  Doesn't sound like a fun type of vacation. Tons of traffic fatalities as well.  

I stayed at a resort in Punta Canta and it was awesome...didn't leave resort, but there weren't armed guards.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It doesn't bother me it is just unnecessary.  Like I said, go find a kid in A ball that needs help paying his rent.

I am sure if they helped a kid in A ball with his rent you would have issues with that as well.