Cobb is done for year

eddie83

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised when they signed him because I noticed that for the last year or so  before they got him, he seemed to be on a downward plane.  I thought he was a real good pitcher for several years but then I detected a pitcher who in my opinion,  even before the Orioles got him,  had peaked. I am not going on hard cold stats,  as I do not know what they show,  but what seemed to me to be a pitcher who was not the pitcher he once was. Maybe the injury was mostly the cause of it. Hopefully,  anyway.  

19 minutes ago, Philip said:

Was he already on the 60 day IL?

Well at least we have Chandler Shepherd...Whatever his name is, or somebody else, anybody else,, whoever.

And here I thought we were going to win mid to upper 60s… I’m very glad I’m not a betting man.

Definitely going to be a record setting season.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

A player has to miss the entire season for insurance to kick in.

Yougetnothing.jpg

Obviously, it depends what the specific policy says.   I’ve heard of different policies having different thresholds.  

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Interesting, I haven't.

I've heard of policies where a specific amount of time has to pass before the insurance company starts paying out. If the player then comes off the IL, the insurance stops and the waiting period begins again if they go back on the IL. One article I saw said that policies for pitchers are 2-3 times more than for position players.

Archived