Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

interloper

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

Yeah, it's in Roch's latest blog as well. He even said he might soon have to discuss what's best with his family. Sounds like he's just going through the process until there's no process left. Mentioned that the arthritis might be a bigger issue than the surgery. 

Kinda sounds like the piece they did during the off-season.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, tntoriole said:

Mark Trumbo....13.5 million this year  with the absolute best free medical and surgical and rehab care provided in the world....1.5 million guaranteed each of next three years...65.1 million total ...Mark will be just fine.  

If one of us on this board (or the vast majority of Americans) gets sick and can't work....hmmm...good luck.  Maybe we can go on FMLA, no short or long term disability, health insurance doesn't cover the costs, bankruptcy, loss of job without a pension, etc.    

some message in there someplace about our collective values. 

Most people have short term and long term disability through their workplace,

On 6/13/2019 at 5:24 PM, mdbdotcom said:

I suspect that the point at which a major league ballplayer complains of a little soreness is the point when most of us would be in the ER for unbearable pain.

I doubt that is true. Probably the opposite. These guys are always injured and are their 20 and their 30s.  I never had an injury that kept me from sports until my 50s and I played a lot more intense sports than baseball. 

23 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Not only do we get to pay for Trumbo, we also get to pay for his PRP injections, which have a sketchy record of actually working. I am not exactly sure what Trumbo's injury is, but based on (my admittedly amateur) internet search it seems that at best there is some evidence that PRP injections may provide short term relief of knee osteoarthritis, but not any long-term help. The overall picture  is of lots of demand for, use of, and money being made from PRP based on very little evidence it is actually effective. 

https://www.aaos.org/AAOSNow/2018/Aug/Research/research01/?ssopc=1

Yeah the medical profession isn’t as advanced as they claim to be.  If someone is making money off it they will give it to you whether it works or not.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,but some of the disability payments are as much as half of your salary  Many people cant get by at full salary.

I would get 60 percent and the way they are set up you don't pay taxes on the benefits.  So you would probably end up in decent shape financially.

5 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Pesky things facts.   30-40 percent of fulltime workers according to Bureau of Labor Statistics. 

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2018/employee-access-to-disability-insurance-plans.htm

Well every job i have had in my life has offered both.  Even when I worked at a grocery store I had it.  I kind of doubt the numbers as they even have government workers having very low percentages.  

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

Well every job i have had in my life has offered both.  Even when I worked at a grocery store I had it.  I kind of doubt the numbers as they even have government workers having very low percentages.  

Of course.  It must be the Bureau of Labor Statistics that is wrong..  In Appalachia, where I live, most workers don’t.  

• Upvote 2