MLB.com's Top 100

Greg Pappas

On 6/20/2019 at 4:28 PM, ChuckS said:

Hall's stuff is elite for a LH starter and I think his command has a better chance to improve to acceptable levels than Mountcastle's walk rate given his age and the natural trajectory of pitchers.   

I'm not sure there is anything elite about what Mountcastle brings to the first base position.  Power hitting first baseman are very common and most of them can get on base at a decent clip.  Mountcastle's walk rate is always going to limit his OPS potential.  

Mountcastle is hitting well at AAA at 22.  He most likely will have some success in the majors.  Hall is further away and has a 1.5 WHIP in A ball. Higher chance he doesnt have any success.  If Hall is in Triple A in 2 years getting people out he will go up in the ratings 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Mountcastle is hitting well at AAA at 22.  He most likely will have some success in the majors.  Hall is further away and has a 1.5 WHIP in A ball. Higher chance he doesnt have any success.  If Hall is in Triple A in 2 years getting people out he will go up in the ratings 

You didn't get the memo that DL Halls BB numbers are up because the new regimes program is having him throw his secondary and tertiary pitches in what was typically known as a guaranteed fastball count. Many uncomfortable pitches in uncomfortable counts.  Get used to it kids.  That's the new mlb.  

7 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Updated, with our guys moving up 1 spot each.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=prospects

• Grayson Rodriguez is at #53.
  • Ryan Mountcastle is at #55
  • DL Hall is at #66
  • Yusniel Diaz is at #90

I like mlbpipeline. I find it easy to navigate and user friendly. The stats are updated and before major updates they simply just slot guys up when other players lose their “prospect” eligibility. It seems a lot better 1-100 than it does for our org top 30 though. Like Pop and Carroll, still being there over Zimmerman etc....

Diaz might drop out of their top 100 when they do an update. Depends if they have 10 players from the most recent draft listed. Plus maybe they include the top 1-3 international signings. Diaz could fall out but then be back based on other guys in the top 100 losing their eligibility. 

AR will probably be top 10. Gunnar and Stowers will be in our top 30 when updated. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

You didn't get the memo that DL Halls BB numbers are up because the new regimes program is having him throw his secondary and tertiary pitches in what was typically known as a guaranteed fastball count. Many uncomfortable pitches in uncomfortable counts.  Get used to it kids.  That's the new mlb.  

What did I say about Hall's BB numbers. I am saying he 

44 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like mlbpipeline. I find it easy to navigate and user friendly. The stats are updated and before major updates they simply just slot guys up when other players lose their “prospect” eligibility. It seems a lot better 1-100 than it does for our org top 30 though. Like Pop and Carroll, still being there over Zimmerman etc....

Diaz might drop out of their top 100 when they do an update. Depends if they have 10 players from the most recent draft listed. Plus maybe they include the top 1-3 international signings. Diaz could fall out but then be back based on other guys in the top 100 losing their eligibility. 

AR will probably be top 10. Gunnar and Stowers will be in our top 30 when updated. 

Guys like  

Bannon, McCoy, Wells, Sedlock and Baumann should move up

Guys like Tate, Ortiz, Cody Carroll might move off the list. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, atomic said:

Guys like  

True. I think Hall, Zimmerman, and McCoy are big risers as well. 

1. AR

2. Rodriguez 

3. Hall

4. Mountcastle 

5. Diaz

6. Hays

7. Akin

8. Kremer

9. McKenna 

10. Hall

11.  Lowther

12. Gunnar

13.  Harvey

14. Wells

15. Grenier  

6 hours ago, atomic said:

Guys like  

I wouldn’t be so quick to remove Tate.  His stuff seemingly is playing better as a reliever.

• Upvote 1