vs. INDIANS, 6/29

OFFNY

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Il BuonO said:

Ok, I guess I’m the only one who thought it was weird the guy who caught the ball was wearing a Nuno jersey. Vidal Nuno? Is he related? Did he purchase it on a dare?

Hey, at least I’m not talking about the condiment race. 

It's an absolute miracle we haven't been hit by more things from space. Last time was Tunguska and that thing detonated 3-5 miles in the air and still flattened 80 million trees. If that's over a populated area, millions of people die. We now know that something caused a very rapid melting of ice two miles think that covered all of Canada about 13,000 years ago that caused global flooding, mass extinctions and sea levels to rise 400ft. It may have been caused by an impact to Greenland of which a crater was found recently.

Earth flies through space rocks all the time and we've had several near misses over the last 10 years. A solar flare didn't miss the planet by much a few years ago which would have sent us back to the stone age in the blink of an eye. The fact we care more about being able to watch TV on cell phones instead of trying to figure out how to protect ourselves from catastrophic events like this is exactly how we will go extinct. We're so stupid, really. Humans.

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

My problem is I'm too lazy to backup. I think, how often do you crash? Odds are my stuff is safe.

And I've learned... a crash isn't the worst thing... Cleans out everything, fresh new start from scratch. New virgin computer!

I just set up my computer to automatically make backups at like 5am. I never shut my PC down. I think it's better to keep things warm as opposed to constant cool/warm cycles which wears components out faster. That's kind of debatable, but it's my position based on experience.

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

It's an absolute miracle we haven't been hit by more things from space. Last time was Tunguska and that thing detonated 3-5 miles in the air and still flattened 80 million trees. If that's over a populated area, millions of people die. We now know that something caused a very rapid melting of ice two miles think that covered all of Canada about 13,000 years ago that caused global flooding, mass extinctions and sea levels to rise 400ft. It may have been caused by an impact to Greenland of which a crater was found recently.

Earth flies through space rocks all the time and we've had several near misses over the last 10 years. A solar flare didn't miss the planet by much a few years ago which would have sent us back to the stone age in the blink of an eye. The fact we care more about being able to watch TV on cell phones instead of trying to figure out how to protect ourselves from catastrophic events like this is exactly how we will go extinct. We're so stupid, really. Humans.

Whatever happens, there is nothing we can do about it.  Try to block a solar flare?  Good luck.

tTV6G2x.gif

Archived