2019-2020 International Signings Thread

Can anyone answer this: Yankees are shown to have 5.4m and yet have signed the number 1 for 5m and Diaz to 1.2m. Can they make these deals before they buy more slots?? Or are these just “agreements” until they can get more slots?

I’m an Orioles fan so this international thing is so new to me.

• Upvote 2

I am most interested in seeing where Yiddi Cappe and Yolbert Sanchez sign.  O's had an open window to sign Yolbert last year and didnt, so I am wondering the dollar amount that will be required there and Yidde Cappe doesnt seem to have any team names connected to him.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Luis Ortiz and Luis Gonzalez pretty much make it impossible to find the correct guys in a Google search

I'm assuming this Luis Ortiz can't be as fat and unimpressive as the one we already have.  That'd be pretty hard to pull off.

Unimpressive?  Probably, a lot of these guys are never going to make it.  But add in the fat factor to being a bad pitcher and it's just WAY more unimpressive.  So he might be just as bad (or worse) as a pitcher, but not as fat.  Therefore, not as bad.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I'm assuming this Luis Ortiz can't be as fat and unimpressive as the one we already have.  That'd be pretty hard to pull off.

Unimpressive?  Probably, a lot of these guys are never going to make it.  But add in the fat factor to being a bad pitcher and it's just WAY more unimpressive.  So he might be just as bad (or worse) as a pitcher, but not as fat.  Therefore, not as bad.  

At least now you know how your wife feels about you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hard to say.  Lots of guys that aren't fat at 16 are fat at 23.