2019-2020 International Signings Thread

3 minutes ago, LTO's said:

In the Athletic article Perez says they are going to spend 60-70% of their slots tomorrow. I know that will freak out the usual suspects but he said they plan on using the rest on any late risers they like. No signings over a million but "over 10" will be in the 6 figure range.

Probably a good strategy considering how far beyond we are on the early commitments from the top guys who were all identified years ago. Keeping some dry powder will hopefully work in our favor, assuming we’re able/willing to spend it. 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not disparaging Henderson but if you are picking 2-1 shouldn't you be coming away with a late first round talent?

I think he was guy that folks thought would slip due to signability. So for me it's more of a feather in the cap that we signed him, not so much that we picked him at that spot. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Where can I get a J2 shirt sent to CoC?

They were advertising them on the scoreboard this weekend... for $35.   Geez, $35 for a t-shirt?   If the dead Beatles reincarnated and the band reunited for a concert, I *might* pay that much for a concert t-shirt.   If it was cool looking.   But for a "J2" shirt that will be out of date Wednesday?   No sir, not me.

Just now, SteveA said:

They were advertising them on the scoreboard this weekend... for $35.   Geez, $35 for a t-shirt?   If the dead Beatles reincarnated and the band reunited for a concert, I *might* pay that much for a concert t-shirt.   If it was cool looking.   But for a "J2" shirt that will be out of date Wednesday?   No sir, not me.

Risky, if they reincarnated they might come back as actual beetles.

• Upvote 2

Perez also spoke about going to two DSL teams. The benefit of having two teams is in having more at-bats and innings to spread around. Because the Orioles were late to the game and unable to sign the top guys they are trying to make up for it in volume. With that volume comes  a need for more available at-bats and innings against real competition.

Just now, SteveA said:

The Beatles are terrible

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Does it say J2, 2019?  Cause that'll be dated.  

But if they're smart, it just says J2 WITHOUT the year.....cause there's another J2 coming around.

giphy.gif