2019-2020 International Signings Thread

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with 60-70.

Especially with the intent on looking at late risers.  They managed like 20% once DD left.  If they could get to ~80-90% in the full year, good progress indeed.

That would leave room for a Zoellner acquisition just for you, as well.

15 hours ago, SteveA said:

They were advertising them on the scoreboard this weekend... for $35.   Geez, $35 for a t-shirt?   If the dead Beatles reincarnated and the band reunited for a concert, I *might* pay that much for a concert t-shirt.   If it was cool looking.   But for a "J2" shirt that will be out of date Wednesday?   No sir, not me.

You can go to spreadshirt.com and it takes a couple minutes to design your own knockoff Orioles J2 shirt for $11.99 plus shipping.

11 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You can go to spreadshirt.com and it takes a couple minutes to design your own knockoff Orioles J2 shirt for $11.99 plus shipping.

And sell them for $15?

Not saying I would ever condone such tactics.

8 minutes ago, Aglets said:

And sell them for $15?

Not saying I would ever condone such tactics.

If you're not using copyrighted logos, go for it.  But since, like, 2% of the fanbase understands the significance of "International J2" and maybe 5% of them would buy a shirt for it, I don't know that hawking knockoffs at your kid's lemonade stand on Maple St. is going to generate the desired revenues.

They'll probably just end up in vast secondhand/reject clothing market in Lagos undercutting the local textile industry, while creating the bizarre scene of Nigerians wearing "J2 Orioles", "2011 North Dakota State Fair", and "2016 Brewers World Champions" shirts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If you're not using copyrighted logos, go for it.  But since, like, 2% of the fanbase understands the significance of "International J2" and maybe 5% of them would buy a shirt for it, I don't know that hawking knockoffs at your kid's lemonade stand on Maple St. is going to generate the desired revenues.

They'll probably just end up in vast secondhand/reject clothing market in Lagos undercutting the local textile industry, while creating the bizarre scene of Nigerians wearing "J2 Orioles", "2011 North Dakota State Fair", and "2016 Brewers World Champions" shirts.

Why wouldn't you just order them each time you received an order and let spreadshirt delivery directly to your customer?  Tack an extra $2 on to shipping and your up $5 a shirt.