2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Bleacher has them ranked 28th

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2839611-ranking-all-30-mlb-farm-systems-post-2019-mlb-draft.amp.html

Can you find anything that says that contradicts my position?

Half a season of play has happened. Names emerge, players emerge, regress etc. There's a number of guys who a lot of other organizations would love to have (Miguel Amaya, Brailyn Marquez, Brennen Davis, Kohl Franklin, Aramis Ademan, Tyson Miller,Adbert Alzolay etc etc). Btw, They are ranked anywhere from 21 to 29 depending on where you look, but after this year I'd bet they're safely around the 20ish mark.

30 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Half a season of play has happened. Names emerge, players emerge, regress etc. There's a number of guys who a lot of other organizations would love to have (Miguel Amaya, Brailyn Marquez, Brennen Davis, Kohl Franklin, Aramis Ademan, Tyson Miller,Adbert Alzolay etc etc). Btw, They are ranked anywhere from 21 to 29 depending on where you look, but after this year I'd bet they're safely around the 20ish mark.

I believe it was post draft ....No way they went from 28th to middle of the pack in 1/2 season even if your were right ...which you arent....The link address above actually has post 2019 mlb draft in it.

42 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Hoerner rates as their only tier 1 prospect and the catcher Amaya as their only  #2 . All the rest are rated 3 which are prospects that have a chance to be fringe MLB contributors. I know you are a Cub fan so I'll take it easy on you as I expect you to be sipping the blue koolaid 

Farm System Snapshot

The Baltimore Orioles were in the enviable position of selecting No. 1 overall in a draft that featured a clear top talent. Oregon State catcher Adley Rutschman immediately becomes the team's top prospect and a cornerstone piece of the ongoing rebuilding efforts.

Grabbing prep shortstop Gunnar Henderson in the second round was also a coup, as he was mocked as high as the teens leading up to the draft. He may eventually outgrow the position but has the offensive tools to profile just fine at the hot corner.

Last year's top pick, Grayson Rodriguez, is already looking like a slam dunk. Taken No. 11 overall out of the Texas prep ranks, the 6'5" right-hander has posted a 2.42 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and 72-to-15 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 52 innings at Single-A.

7 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m never going to criticize a list of every MLB farm system because I have no knowledge of that many teams, but bleacher report is not highly regarded, and it’s a lot of clickbait. I was fully expecting to have to hit “next page” 30 times. Heck, some even laugh at mlbpipeline here. Haha. 

It is nice to see us about average-to slightly above in any rankings. We will likely only graduate Mountcastle, Akin, Harvey, as “prospects” for next year this time. So with another big draft we should be top 10, maybe higher depending on player success, and this trade deadline. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Cashner a fit with BOS?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/red-sox-trade-rumors-starting-pitcher-rotation.html

BOS is on Bumgarner’s No trade list. Seems like BOS would make a bigger move, but they could make an early trade for Cashner then re-evaluate at the end of the month. 

Just pointing out that Boston's far system is ranked worst in baseball post 2019 Bleacher Report. Even if your not a fan of BR they probably are not far off  on their analysis.

Name Level Tier
1. 1B/3B Triston Casas A 2
2. 3B Bobby Dalbec AA 3
3. RHP Bryan Mata A+ 3
4. OF Jarren Duran AA 3
5. LHP Darwinzon Hernandez AA 3
6. SS Antoni Flores ROK 3
7. LHP Jay Groome INJ 3
8. RHP Tanner Houck AA 3
9. SS C.J. Chatham AA 3
10. RHP Mike Shawaryn MLB 3

Graduated: 3B Michael Chavis (1)

So they have no tier 1 prospects and a corner infielder as their only #2. I'm not saying they don't have enough to do a deal for Cashner. But, it would be easy for another team to better their offer if desired.