Nunez slumping again

wildcard

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Maybe he needs a hat for the bat, to keep the bat warm?

Franmil in Cleveland is the BEST real life Pedro Cerrano I've ever seen.

I do understand a bit of a keener eye for Nunez's slumps as I think the burden of proof is still on him to show he can sustain as a cromulent MLB'er.  It's only half the at-bats this year but Santander has already leapfrogged him in my mind as a possible cog in the next good team.

6 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Franmil in Cleveland is the BEST real life Pedro Cerrano I've ever seen.

I do understand a bit of a keener eye for Nunez's slumps as I think the burden of proof is still on him to show he can sustain as a cromulent MLB'er.  It's only half the at-bats this year but Santander has already leapfrogged him in my mind as a possible cog in the next good team.

I can't speak for everyone, but Nunez, to me, never seemed like a cog in the next good team. He seemed (seems) like a good placeholder as a power hitter, when he is hitting. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I can't speak for everyone, but Nunez, to me, never seemed like a cog in the next good team. He seemed (seems) like a good placeholder as a power hitter, when he is hitting. 

I agree. It’s just that, sometimes, he shows patience in his approach and shortens up. Sometimes, not. Sometimes, he drives the hall all over the field; and sometimes, he gets long and pull happy. 

But when he does make contact, he drills it. His exit velo is really elite. 

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

When is the next good team coming?

Alex Wells for rookie of the year, 2021, leading the modern Baby Birds of Wells, Lowther, Kremer, Baumann and Zimmerman.    It will be reminiscent of Estrada, Pappas, Barber, Fisher and Walker in 1960, only better.  ?

• Upvote 1