Nunez slumping again

wildcard

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Alex Wells for rookie of the year, 2021, leading the modern Baby Birds of Wells, Lowther, Kremer, Baumann and Zimmerman.    It will be reminiscent of Estrada, Pappas, Barber, Fisher and Walker in 1960, only better.  ?

Can we go with Palmer, McNally and Cuellar instead? :)

On 8/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, jabba72 said:

A .309 OBP and .787 OPS while being the primary DH just isnt good enough. Mountcastle might have a spot open for him next year after all. 

Yeah but you just cherry picked his overall stat line after a 15 game cold streak. His OPS was up there Mancini’s before then. He’ll be alright. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, jabba72 said:

A .309 OBP and .787 OPS while being the primary DH just isnt good enough. Mountcastle might have a spot open for him next year after all. 

I don’t want Mountcastle being a DH this early in his career. We all know someone else they can get rid of. 

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The way Hyde gives out playing time Mountcastle will play 1B/LF/3B/DH next year.

Not sure I want one of my top prospects playing all over. The group he does that with now aren’t prospects. I hope they pick a spot for him and he stay.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Not sure I want one of my top prospects playing all over. The group he does that with now aren’t prospects. I hope they pick a spot for him and he stay.  

Well, the dude doesn't seem to be a great defender no matter where they stick him.  I'm in agreement with you, I hope they pick a spot for him but if the glove don't play, the glove don't play.  The bat better be super special to make up for the lack of position or else people here are going to get real tired of him, real fast.  

Like I already have.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, the dude doesn't seem to be a great defender no matter where they stick him.  I'm in agreement with you, I hope they pick a spot for him but if the glove don't play, the glove don't play.  The bat better be super special to make up for the lack of position or else people here are going to get real tired of him, real fast.  

Like I already have.

They haven’t really pushed him in LF too much. Maybe they have not made their mind up. Started around 80 games at 1B and 12 in LF, 9 at 3rd.  

I just think it is hard enough to hit at the MLB level while you are being moved all around. 

I’m not down on him. If he can hit they will find a spot for him. Haven’t heard too much on his glove at 1B. He was athletic enough to play the left side of the infield when he was drafted. I heard Jim Callis say he thinks he sticks in LF. 

Another thing here is what they do with Mancini and how the other OF’s progress. I think Hays will be up before the year is out. Diaz I hope at some point late next year or early in 21. Santander is a starter going into next year. 

Nunez is fine on a team like this one. I hope he gets squeezed out down the road because it will mean we are putting better players on the field. 

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

They haven’t really pushed him in LF too much. Maybe they have not made their mind up. Started around 80 games at 1B and 12 in LF, 9 at 3rd.  

I just think it is hard enough to hit at the MLB level while you are being moved all around. 

I’m not down on him. If he can hit they will find a spot for him. Haven’t heard too much on his glove at 1B. He was athletic enough to play the left side of the infield when he was drafted. I heard Jim Callis say he thinks he sticks in LF. 

I'm pretty down on him.  I mean, it's gotta be like a Vlad Jr. type bat to not have a home on defense.  And while he looks like he's a pretty good hitter, he's not a jaw dropper.  Yet we seem to be jumping through our own buttholes to try and find him a spot because...why again?

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm pretty down on him.  I mean, it's gotta be like a Vlad Jr. type bat to not have a home on defense.  And while he looks like he's a pretty good hitter, he's not a jaw dropper.  Yet we seem to be jumping through our own buttholes to try and find him a spot because...why again?

Why do you think he can’t play LF? I mean he is only 22. I know if he plays 1B he will have to hit a ton.  

Vlad Jr is a freak but his body type is much different also.  

I don’t think people are thinking he will be a superstar but he is a top 100 prospect. That means something. It only makes sense with the Orioles being so bad they want to see this kid succeed.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Why do you think he can’t play LF? I mean he is only 22. I know if he plays 1B he will have to hit a ton.  

Vlad Jr is a freak but his body type is much different also.  

I don’t think people are thinking he will be a superstar but he is a top 100 prospect. That means something. It only makes sense with the Orioles being so bad they want to see this kid succeed.  

I think they've already tried him in LF before.  IIRC, the arm is a noodle, even for MF.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think they've already tried him in LF before.  IIRC, the arm is a noodle, even for MF.  

He has played 12 games out there. I don’t know if he can play there or not. You don’t have to have a great arm in LF. 

I really don’t know what they are planing on doing with him. He is still pretty young.