vs. D-RAYS, 8/23

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

From what we've seen so far, he's not even that yet.  This team could use some "league average" type players in the roster.

OK?  Doesn't detract from the fact that their is an absence of hype.

My hope is that he plays well enough to force Hyde to stop playing Mancini in the outfield.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

My head might explode if I listen to her. It’s a big leap. Or, are you suggesting the potential comedic value?

Song title reference only.

I will give her credit, she has managed to make each album less attractive to me than the one before.  Her country stuff was only not good.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK?  Doesn't detract from the fact that their is an absence of hype.

My hope is that he plays well enough to force Hyde to stop playing Mancini in the outfield.

maybe "hype" wasn't the right word.  There was certainly a contingent here clamoring for his call up to the majors.  Some thinking he might be a long-term staple in the outfield rotation.

Just now, Yossarian said:

maybe "hype" wasn't the right word.  There was certainly a contingent here clamoring for his call up to the majors.  Some thinking he might be a long-term staple in the outfield rotation.

I wouldn't even go so far as to say long-term staple in the outfield.  I don't recall anyone suggesting they sign him to a long term deal or even hand him a spot on next year's team.

And why not clamor for him to get called up?  He was raking and at one point they only had one actual outfielder on the roster.

BTW while the defense has been dreadful he has actually hit some this week.

9 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

He still might. He had a .944 OPS in Norfolk has above average speed (despite how he looks) and is supposedly at least average defensively (although he hasn't looked it). I don't think his 51 plate appearances with the Orioles this year have changed that outlook.

Certainly he has done enough to earn a few hundred plate appearances at the MLB level on this otherwise hopeless team to see if he is an MLB outfielder.