What Will Be the Biggest Orioles Headline this Offseason?

TonySoprano

On 11/12/2019 at 3:21 PM, eddie83 said:

Maybe Elias was the one hitting the trash can in the hallway near the dugout. That would be a headline. 

Major League Baseball’s investigation into electronic sign stealing by the Astros:
“The fact that there’s apparently an investigation ongoing prohibits me from making any type of public comment about it. I was almost exclusively focused on the amateur scouting and the minor leagues, so I’ll leave it at that. But I can’t really talk on the issue because of the investigation.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/elias-provides-a-summary-of-the-gm-meetings-and-more.html

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Major League Baseball’s investigation into electronic sign stealing by the Astros:
“The fact that there’s apparently an investigation ongoing prohibits me from making any type of public comment about it. I was almost exclusively focused on the amateur scouting and the minor leagues, so I’ll leave it at that. But I can’t really talk on the issue because of the investigation.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/elias-provides-a-summary-of-the-gm-meetings-and-more.html

I did find it odd that Mejdal essentially buried himself in the minor leagues as a coach/analyst while being assistant GM, and then was about ready to leave baseball completely until Elias got hired for our job.  

I would hope that they didn't know about any of it, but chances are they did, and they tried to put it in the back of their minds as much as possible.  Mejdal doesn't seem to fit the "win at all costs" attitude that formed over there, and to be honest, neither does Elias.