New Start Times

weams

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Certainly not great for me.    Driving from DC in time to make a 7 pm game was hard enough.    But I try to avoid weeknight games anyway.    I usually end up with 2-4 of them anyway, the way my group’s ticket draft works.    

It's time that you start cutting back on that work schedule anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Certainly not great for me.    Driving from DC in time to make a 7 pm game was hard enough.    But I try to avoid weeknight games anyway.    I usually end up with 2-4 of them anyway, the way my group’s ticket draft works.    

How is anyone going to get there for the start of the game?

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think it makes sense to try it. That said I doubt it has much impact. People are still busy during the week. Like Frobby said less time to get to the stadium. 

On Saturday’s, 9 of the 14 times games will start at 4pm. Only 5 starts at 7pm  

I like the 4 pm time.    You miss the hottest part of the day, and can go catch dinner nearby afterwards and still get home at a very reasonable time.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I like the 4 pm time.    You miss the hottest part of the day, and can go catch dinner nearby afterwards and still get home at a very reasonable time.   

I agree and also good for families. Only negative I see would be a kids game/event in the afternoon.  

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Seems like traffic is bound to be worse, as we'll be catching the tail end of rush hour.  Is the game time really the issue making taking kids to weeknight games problematic, or is it more homework, little league practice, cub scouts, and piano lessons? 

You  mean soccer practice.   Very few kids play baseball anymore.

8 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Seems like traffic is bound to be worse, as we'll be catching the tail end of rush hour.  Is the game time really the issue making taking kids to weeknight games problematic, or is it more homework, little league practice, cub scouts, and piano lessons? 

I agree with your point. It is the second part. That said perhaps starting earlier on the nights when that stuff isn’t going on will be more incentive.