Yankees withholding Jacoby's salary

Number5

On 11/23/2019 at 9:42 AM, Number5 said:

FYI, Trent Williams leveled an accusation against the Redskins team doctors and the Redskins immediately were open to an independent investigation by the league and the union.  Williams is the one that wants no part of an investigation.  I think maybe you've chosen a poor example for your point.  Given all that has gone on with that team, perhaps Williams was looking to take advantage of public perception of Allen and Snyder thru the media, but when the rubber hit the road, didn't want an investigation into the facts.

For what it’s worth, Kelechi Osemele is probably a better example.  Team wanted him to take more steroid injections to help reduce pain and get him on the field, he wanted to get his shoulder fixed.

Just now, Hallas said:

Why?  I hope Ellsbury gets paid.

Cause Ellsbury sucks.  

As much as I don't like the owners, I don't like guys like Ellsbury (or in our case, Davis) being as awful as they are with huge contracts.  But at least Davis sees the field and appears to be trying.  I don't think contracts/situations like these are particularly good for the sport.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cause Ellsbury sucks.  

As much as I don't like the owners, I don't like guys like Ellsbury (or in our case, Davis) being as awful as they are with huge contracts.  But at least Davis sees the field and appears to be trying.  I don't think contracts/situations like these are particularly good for the sport.

You think Ellsbury is milking his injury to stay off the field?  I find that rather implausible but I don’t know the details of the situation.  Regardless I would hate to see a situation like the NFL where players are effectively year to year.  The system is designed to be tilted toward paying players because the system is so tilted against paying players early in their careers.  

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

The arbitrator’s ruling will obviously have a significant financial impact on Ellsbury, and also on the Yankees’ ability to avoid paying a maximum luxury tax penalty in 2020.  The club has a projected tax bill of just under $261.6MM for the 2020 season, as per Jason Martinez of Roster Resource, well beyond the $248MM that represents the highest level of taxation threshold.  The Yankees therefore face a ten-slot drop in their top position in the 2021 draft, as well as a bill of 42.5% of every dollar spent over the threshold.