Guess the next Orioles SP signing from this group

interloper

We would have to over pay for Walker.  I think we still have an MLB contract left in us though, so that's on Elias if he wants to go 1/5 for Walker.  He could probably sign with a competitor for 1/2. 

What's up with Jhoulys Chahcin.  I feel like he was quietly solid from 2016-2018.  I'm not sure what happen last year, but he's only 32.  I bet he would sign for a 1/2 deal.  Low pressure environment to try to turn it around and reestablish himself as a 150+ inning 4.00 FIP pitcher. 

13 hours ago, ScGO's said:

We would have to over pay for Walker.  I think we still have an MLB contract left in us though, so that's on Elias if he wants to go 1/5 for Walker.  He could probably sign with a competitor for 1/2. 

What's up with Jhoulys Chahcin.  I feel like he was quietly solid from 2016-2018.  I'm not sure what happen last year, but he's only 32.  I bet he would sign for a 1/2 deal.  Low pressure environment to try to turn it around and reestablish himself as a 150+ inning 4.00 FIP pitcher. 

Other than opportunity, the Orioles are hard sell to pitchers trying to regain a footing due to pitching in Camden Yards for half their starts and of course against the AL East hitters.

2 hours ago, REDMAN said:

Still watching the former White Sox SP, Covey, he has elected free agency, could see the orioles sign him, fits the rebuilt better. He is not on your list.

I believe the Rays signed him. Possibly the one team that can turn him into a stud.

2 hours ago, REDMAN said:

Still watching the former White Sox SP, Covey, he has elected free agency, could see the orioles sign him, fits the rebuilt better. He is not on your list.

There's an article in The Athletic talking about Covey. He had always featured a sinker but that caused him a lot of trouble with left handed hitters. The White Sox encouraged him to move to a 4 seamer to lefties and that was effective except when he would tense up.

He was working toward a bullpen spot with the MLB club and then was sent to AAA where he worked as a starter.

He had a conflict with making changes as opposed to staying with what he'd always done trying to earn a spot. Doesn't sound like he was all in on making the changes. But maybe we could give him time and help making those changes. From the little I know, it seems like a good gamble as a longer term project rather than an immediate contributor.

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I believe the Rays signed him. Possibly the one team that can turn him into a stud.

Searching MLBTR, the last Covey article is him electing free agency on Jan 22. 

No sign of a Rays signing there.