They all break 2020

weams

Maybe he's broke?

https://apnews.com/e2cab521fc123d8b12cb5eba9accad51

The two-time All-Star and 2016 ALCS MVP with Cleveland will be sidelined for an undetermined amount of time as he tries to regain the feel for his pitches.

“The sensation I have throwing a baseball now just isn’t consistent with what it is when I know I’m good,” Miller said.

Miller struggles to describe the feeling he experiences when releasing the ball. It’s not pain. There’s no burning or tingling. It simply doesn’t feel right.

Scheduled to pitch in relief on Monday, Miller cut short his warm-up after several tosses badly missed his target.

8 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Cobb was supposed to be the Orioles’ Opening Day starter in 2019 but missed all but a few starts because of a hip injury that eventually required season-ending surgery. He’s done most of his work on the back fields since his debut, and will once again pitch a planned simulated game Friday instead of facing the New York Yankees on the road to avoid facing an opponent he’ll see early in the regular season.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-starting-pitching-breakdown-20200304-wzobr62nsfbubc4yk6bslmly6m-story.html

Never been a fan of this approach. Let's just see the guy pitch. The Yankees are going to murder us no matter what we do. Why are we worried about the Yankees seeing Cobb? They already know what he throws, there's databases full of info on him. Just throw the guy out there.

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If you’re playing fantasy baseball and even thinking about drafting Cobb just save your money and take up a new hobby. 

..or really ANY Oriole for that matter (now that Mancin's on the shelve). In shallow fantasy leagues no one on this team should be owned. 

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Verlander with groin surgery a few days ago and now Sale with TJ.

Least surprising injury ever.  The guy's arm looks like it's going to explode on every pitch.  That new contract was supremely dumb.

51 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Least surprising injury ever.  The guy's arm looks like it's going to explode on every pitch.  That new contract was supremely dumb.

Seems like the Red Sox were trying to avoid the inevitable with Sale. At least he is getting the operation now in a year where who knows when the season will start and the Red Sox look like they aren't trying to win.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Seems like the Red Sox were trying to avoid the inevitable with Sale. At least he is getting the operation now in a year where who knows when the season will start and the Red Sox look like they aren't trying to win.

If the experts don't recommenced surgery you don't have surgery.  Even if it means in three months you end up having surgery.

32 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If the experts don't recommenced surgery you don't have surgery.  Even if it means in three months you end up having surgery.

I agree.

Price gone, now Sale gone.

Not going to shed any tears for them.

If I had bet money, I would have figured Price with his windup, would have been next on the TJ list.

But, just shows you, that I can be wrong. ;)