They all break 2020

weams

They might need to pitch Cole a little more than they wanted to the next 2 years.  I think before this that all three of Paxton, Tanaka and Happ were playing out the string as NYY looked to a 2021 rotation of Cole/Severino/German/Montgomery/Garcia.  

Hopefully the Rays can keep them under pressure all year long.

2 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Speaking of broken, Cobb, as far as I know, has pitched 1 inning thus far. Are they doing the Showalter bit of hiding him in MiL games, just being very cautious or is something going on? Haven't noticed much here.

I forgot Showalter did that with him. They knew we were screwed so early on. How did Cobb pass our Physical?

2 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Speaking of broken, Cobb, as far as I know, has pitched 1 inning thus far. Are they doing the Showalter bit of hiding him in MiL games, just being very cautious or is something going on? Haven't noticed much here.

He missed one start when he wasn't feeling well, and when his turn the next time we up he didn't go on the road and pitch with the team, but did a 3 inning simulated game in Sarasota.  Looks like he's going to do that again next time through the rotation.

All this info is in the 2020 Spring Training Tracker post at the top of the board.  Check it out.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He missed one start when he wasn't feeling well, and when his turn the next time we up he didn't go on the road and pitch with the team, but did a 3 inning simulated game in Sarasota.  Looks like he's going to do that again next time through the rotation.

All this info is in the 2020 Spring Training Tracker post at the top of the board.  Check it out.

At some point he needs to face actual opposition.

• Upvote 1

Cobb was supposed to be the Orioles’ Opening Day starter in 2019 but missed all but a few starts because of a hip injury that eventually required season-ending surgery. He’s done most of his work on the back fields since his debut, and will once again pitch a planned simulated game Friday instead of facing the New York Yankees on the road to avoid facing an opponent he’ll see early in the regular season.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-starting-pitching-breakdown-20200304-wzobr62nsfbubc4yk6bslmly6m-story.html