2020 Spring Training Tracker

SteveA

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Hays has to get a hit first! ;) 

It's certainly been a slow start for him this spring. I don't think it's going to matter because he's going to be the every day center fielder on opening day barring an injury, but it's been a slow go so far.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's certainly been a slow start for him this spring. I don't think it's going to matter because he's going to be the every day center fielder on opening day barring an injury, but it's been a slow go so far.

He just missed a multi-RBI double if I recall. Hit it on the screws but it went foul. I just want him to make it through camp healthy. 

Mancini also making a lot of hard contact with not a ton to show for it yet. 

I always feel like guys start to come around when they start getting 3-4 AB/game in the spring instead of 2-3. 

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

He just missed a multi-RBI double if I recall. Hit it on the screws but it went foul. I just want him to make it through camp healthy. 

Mancini also making a lot of hard contact with not a ton to show for it yet. 

I always feel like guys start to come around when they start getting 3-4 AB/game in the spring instead of 2-3. 

Agreed, that is my only goal for Hays' spring. Eddie Murray was always a poor spring training and sometimes April player, so I have zero concerns about anything with Mancini. Mancini is going to hit. It's in his DNA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed, that is my only goal for Hays' spring. Eddie Murray was always a poor spring training and sometimes April player, so I have zero concerns about anything with Mancini. Mancini is going to hit. It's in his DNA.

Reggie never turned it on, until after August, conserved his energy. LMBO. :) :) :) :)

?

Chance Sisco seems to be starting well, at the plate at least. Hyde talked about him during today's game. Good ABs, aggressive. Don't let pitchers get ahead of you, be aggressive but on strikes. Lay off the junk. "And he's been doing that."

I don't know about his D. Haven't seen much, or at least didn't notice anything.

19 hours ago, scOtt said:

Chance Sisco seems to be starting well, at the plate at least. Hyde talked about him during today's game. Good ABs, aggressive. Don't let pitchers get ahead of you, be aggressive but on strikes. Lay off the junk. "And he's been doing that."

I don't know about his D. Haven't seen much, or at least didn't notice anything.

I feel like he's had some good ABs, but he's only 1-7 so far with a walk and 3 ks. 7 ABs is nothing, but he could use a hit or two. 

18 hours ago, SteveA said:

Been knocked on my ass by a combination of flu and UTI.   I'll make some updates to the tracker later tonight, including the first cuts.

Flu kicked my ass from Wednesday Evening through Saturday as well. I've tried to keep up but didn't put up yesterday's stuff yet. 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Flu kicked my ass from Wednesday Evening through Saturday as well. I've tried to keep up but didn't put up yesterday's stuff yet. 

We both live in Elkridge, wonder if it's going around.  I have some bananas, you didn't sneeze on the produce at Greenvalley Market last week, did you?

• Haha 1