3B Ruiz

OF Santander, Hays, Mancini

DH Nunez

Bench:  Holaday, Herrera, Valaika, Williams

Rotation:  Means, Cobb, Wojo, LeBlanc, Milone

Pen: Givens, Castro, Harvey, Fry, Bleier, Carroll, Eshelman, Scott

**Armstrong, not Scott**

47 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I wonder if Santander might start the year on the IL due to his shoulder? He is going to start playing in the field soon, but labrum injuries are no joke and sometimes even after surgery, it can still flare up and cause an issue for a few weeks.

He starts Tuesday night so we shall see.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

SARASOTA, Fla. - Anthony Santander is expecting to make his spring outfield debut on Tuesday after serving only as the designated hitter in eight games.

Orioles manager Brandon Hyde has been careful with Santander, who didn’t play after Sept. 23 last season due to soreness in his right shoulder.

The former Rule 5 pick finally gets to wear a glove for the 6:05 p.m. game against the Braves in Sarasota.

Santander-Tough-Catch-at-Wall-in-Foul-Territory-Gray-Sidebar.jpg“I’ve been working on my strength so when the day comes, I’ll be ready and 100 percent,” he said this morning, “and that day is going to be Tuesday. I’m going to start playing.

“I’m looking forward to it.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/03/santander-ready-to-make-his-move-into-the-outfield.html

Just now, bobmc said:

He starts Tuesday night so we shall see.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

SARASOTA, Fla. - Anthony Santander is expecting to make his spring outfield debut on Tuesday after serving only as the designated hitter in eight games.

Orioles manager Brandon Hyde has been careful with Santander, who didn’t play after Sept. 23 last season due to soreness in his right shoulder.

The former Rule 5 pick finally gets to wear a glove for the 6:05 p.m. game against the Braves in Sarasota.

Santander-Tough-Catch-at-Wall-in-Foul-Territory-Gray-Sidebar.jpg“I’ve been working on my strength so when the day comes, I’ll be ready and 100 percent,” he said this morning, “and that day is going to be Tuesday. I’m going to start playing.

“I’m looking forward to it.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/03/santander-ready-to-make-his-move-into-the-outfield.html

Yeah, saw that. But if he doesn’t play in the field consistently over the next few weeks, I could see the IL spot. 

If I was Mullins and Williams, I’d be patting him on the shoulder every time I pass him.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, we’ve reached the point where everything is evening out: basically this warm body is ~ that warm body. So what matters is handedness, multi-inning capability, field versatility, and options.

So who gets DFA-Ed off the 40-man, who gets added, and which NRIs get sent to AAA with the understanding that they are next man up?

if I’m Hanhold or Carroll, I want to make the team, but if Hyde tells me I’m first man to get called up when someone is bad or gets injured, I’ll be ok with it.

But the DFA candidates are pretty plentiful. 

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

But it wasn’t known that there would be guys that cleared waivers and stay with the organization and guys working their way up the ranks that have looked like they can compete at the major league level.

Dozens of guys clear waivers every spring.  And surely they knew before the Rule 5 draft which 2 or 3 out of our minor league guys was likely to stick as a pitcher breaking out of camp this year.  It just seems like a waste of 50,000 bucks to me.  Chicken feed of course  and really no big deal, but odd nonetheless, imho. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...