Orioles vs Red Sox, Sarasota, 2/23

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Perhaps, unless they go back to the old pitcher's box that had a front line about 4.5' closer. Deadening the ball in today's game would result in a lot of batters slugging .360 while striking out 145 times a year. In 2013-15 it's pretty clear they deadened the ball, and ERAs fell under 4.00 for the first time since '92.
    • I definitely want Lopez back. Basically no risk. Not worried about his latest situation. He was kinda misinterpreted initially in the post game presser. Aside from this he’s got a good track record as a teammate.    Worth a shot to see if he can harness his stuff again, even if he’s only done it sparingly. 
    • Pedro and Grady Little was kind of an iconic moment as peak Pedro was insanely great but even the best are human. One of my favorite extracts from Fangraphs number of pitches queries is in 2023, the leader had 3286.    2010 Jeremy Guthrie had 3326. Many of us have been hanging out here all that time and have a good sense what Jeremy Guthrie was.     The pitching strategists don't let anyone - not Spencer Strider, not Gerrit Cole, not Grayson Rodriguez - do what he did. 2010 Guthrie was 30th MLB wide at Pitches Thrown.  
    • Do you foresee Boston, Toronto, Tampa finishing day within 10 games of us by season’s end?
    • He put Pujols at 3rd.  And Craig Biggio at 2nd.  So I think he knows a bit more than he's letting on.
    • I don’t know about you. But I am in no one concerned about Boston, Tampa, or Toronto surpassing us this season or next season (for that matter). I wonder how much that new poster who showed up (today or yesterday?) watches other teams? Speaking of the AL East like we are some inferior team. Speaking of guys to protect our young guys. Who “protects” Aaron Judge on the Yankees? That concept seems antiquated or is designated to an era gone by.
    • I certainly respect Palmer and his opinions, but I'd bet he normally sat at a comfortable 90mph, and almost never threw a pitch with the effort Felix Bautista uses on every pitch. It's a very different game today, and if Jim came up today he'd be taught to maximize velocity and spin, not innings.
  • Popular Contributors