Are we witnessing a change in Elias' thinking?

wildcard

37 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Bundy has certainly disappointed in regard to the lofty expectations many had for him - but he was just about average for a starting pitcher last season. His absence will be felt.

Bundy's ST stats are insane so far. Because of course they are. Having trouble finding proof of his current fastball velocity  though. I fully expect it is 94-96 again. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Bundy's ST stats are insane so far. Because of course they are. Having trouble finding proof of his current fastball velocity  though. I fully expect it is 94-96 again. 

He had some really good starts for the O's.  Including a one (bunt) hitter if I remember correctly.  I don't think what he has done so far this spring training is proof of much of anything.

I will also have no problems with his career taking off, he always seemed like a decent guy and hard worker.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

No way he’s throwing that hard. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Probably not, I'm just being cranky. I still very much support that trade. 

Haha I do too. Had to happen, and I don’t think Bundy will transform. He’s a back end starter, albeit a very good one. Angels should be fun to watch this year. 

1 hour ago, joelala said:

Haha I do too. Had to happen, and I don’t think Bundy will transform. He’s a back end starter, albeit a very good one. Angels should be fun to watch this year. 

I disagree, I don't think that the Bundy trade had to happen. He avoided arbitration with the Angels for $5M, that is incredibly affordable for a starting pitcher like Bundy. Gausman, who has been much more ineffective, got $9M from the Giants in Free Agency.

I personally would have preferred to hang onto Bundy and traded him at the Trade Deadline, where I think an average pitcher like Bundy can net a far bigger return. But, what's done is done - and we'll see how the players Elias got in return play out. I'll be interested to see what similar pitchers to Bundy bring back at this year's Trade Deadline to compare.

6 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Both Cobb and Cashner were coming off poor seasons. Hurts to lose Bundy but he was coming off a pretty terrible season too. Means 2019 put up more WAR than Bundy, Cobb, and Cashner combined in 2018. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this rotation is good by any means.

3 proven major leaguers then...one proven this spring who is coming off injury and one guy who had an excellent rookie season, which often means little in the sophomore season...then...zip as far as stable, proven big league pitchers.  I stand by my original post that this is the worst, most unproven Oriole starting pitching rotation at this point in any season.