Orioles All-Time "Last Gasp" Team, Part 1 (C/IF)

TronBlaster

Man, these are hard to argue with.  I forgot about Ozzie Guillen, he was miserable. 

First base, honorable mention (or maybe worse than D-Lee depending on how you look at it) is Rafael Palmeiro.  He was actually decent but finger wagging, testing positive, earplugs, etc.

Also at first base, '96 Eddie Murray.  Felt good to have him hit his 500th homer here (a year to the day Ripken broke the Streak) but it wasn't great.  

I like the concept, but I'm not sure Javy Lopez deserves to be HM even. By WAR he had the second best season of his career in 2004 (4.8) and still posted a solid 2.0 in year-2. He was meh for the O's in 2006, but wheels didn't really come off until he was dealt to BOS. Additionally, he came to Baltimore with much acclaim IIRC.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You could go by decade.

I'm voting for Dontrelle Willis and Johan Santana.

Those guys never made it to Baltimore which I'm not sure if it's part of the criteria or not.  

Doug Drabek is leading my rotation.  He was painful to watch.  My bullpen is being anchored by Norm Charlton.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Those guys never made it to Baltimore which I'm not sure if it's part of the criteria or not.  

Doug Drabek is leading my rotation.  He was painful to watch.  My bullpen is being anchored by Norm Charlton.

Which is why I was advocating for them. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Don't you go blaspheming in here!  I got into a beef last year with someone who absolutely wasn't having it that Kevin Millwood was bad.  Kevin Millwood has some defenders on here, tread lightly.

He did make it in the majors for two more years after he left Baltimore, not sure we count as a last gasp.