Bats wake up in 11-4 win over Pirates (sim) 4/10

Tony-OH

On 4/10/2020 at 11:11 PM, SteveA said:

Wow surprised to see that kind of hitting on a cold, windy bitter night tonight.  I had tickets to this one but I didn't go.

I went...and daggone near froze to death....Alberto surprised me with his power in the cold.  Davis fouled one off and you could see him getting that sting out of his fingers. 

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you’d rather have Trumbo under any circumstances, well then. God only knows how many extra runs scored because he let a ball fall in front of him, but it was a lot. An out at the plate is only an out, and it may or may not come with RISP, but a missed catch in the OF gives the offense another chance, extends the inning, puts more pressure on the pitcher.  Mullins saved a lot of runs with his defense and speed even when he wasn’t hitting. im not talking about errors, nor am I talking about routine fly balls, but about the extra inches a good defender gets that make the difference between a catch and a non- catch, and that’s important. And no one knows before the game what will be required of the defender. nine guys come to the plate, and if one of them is in the lineup not for his offense, but for what he offers with the glove, that’s fine. The other eight should cover for him. Thats why Kevin Pillar had a successful career.
    • Not sure why you bothered to quote me. I was helping another poster figure out how not important a left fielder is when it comes to defense in the modern game. You don't start a left fielder for defense.
    • Were we on Sunday Night Baseball that Sunday 9/17?    My Google of Rosh Hashanah 2023 said it ended at sundown the Sunday. I'm not Jewish either but I am baseball, and in childhood the Sandy Koufax stories I remembered most were about Yom Kippur. The Google also reminded me Kremer's turn as Texas finished the sweep was just 2 days after October 7th. Let's get a sweep, guys.
    • I don’t care what Slater did before he came to us this season. Just like I didn’t care what Hicks did before he came to us last year.  Since we acquired Slater he has a .707 OPS vs LHP and Cowser has a .500 OPS vs LHP.  It’s a coin flip. If we stick to what we’ve done, then it will be Slater. He hasn’t not started versus a LH SP since we acquired him.  I’m good with him or Cowser. Mullins is a lock. If I had to bet I’d think the lineup will be, 1. Gunnar SS L 2. Westburg 2B R 3. Santa RF S 4. Mounty 1B R 5. Adley DH S 6. Slater LF R 7. Urias 3B R 8. Mullins CF L 9. McCann C R
    • So he pitched on it last season?
    • Without Looking - Do you know who was second in Innings Pitched?  Pretty incredible.
    • Looks like it began on Friday, Sep 15 and ended on Sunday, Sep 17.
  • Popular Contributors