Truly awful day for whole organization 4/20 (sim)

Tony-OH

24 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is there any logic to the sim deciding on what teams use openers? Is it based on 2019 statistics and usage of openers? That's a pretty cool feature to keep things realistic. 

Not sure honestly. I don't mess with the other teams at all. I let the AI do everything, moves and all for them.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Not sure honestly. I don't mess with the other teams at all. I let the AI do everything, moves and all for them.

So is it complex enough that other teams might make trades with each other without your being involved?   And the Rays could come to town with Yu Darvish in the rotation or something?

Which leads to another question, what do the overall MLB standings look like?   Any teams off to surprisingly good starts?   Star players for other teams that have gotten hurt, etc?

3 HRs in 8 games for Mountcastle, when are you going to bring him up?

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

So is it complex enough that other teams might make trades with each other without your being involved?   And the Rays could come to town with Yu Darvish in the rotation or something?

Which leads to another question, what do the overall MLB standings look like?   Any teams off to surprisingly good starts?   Star players for other teams that have gotten hurt, etc?

When he can turn those home runs into walks we'll talk about it!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yes, the AI will make trades between teams, waive and release players, sign free agents and do general organizational moves depending on whether they are rebuilding, competing or building a dynasty.

I will put up the over standings and some league leaders if interested. 

As for Mountcastle, I plan to bring him up when he would have been eligible which should be very soon. Do you know that exact date he would be able to come up an the Orioles would still have the extra year of controllability?

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yes, the AI will make trades between teams, waive and release players, sign free agents and do general organizational moves depending on whether they are rebuilding, competing or building a dynasty.

As for Mountcastle, I plan to bring him up when he would have been eligible which should be very soon. Do you know that exact date he would be able to come up an the Orioles would still have the extra year of controllability?

I wish I could find it.

Weams used to pop up a URL every so often and it would have all that useful contract status data.

@weams

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Tony,

Surprised Weams hasnt chimed in.

Dont think Ryan is one of their super 2 worries, they dont even mention him.

For the Orioles’ purposes, the three-year benchmark to earn salary arbitration and the raise that comes with it is most relevant, though this year the cutoff for “Super Two” arbitration eligibility, which rewards players who were close to that level, was two years and 15 days. (The year before, it was two years and 34 days, so there’s a wide range of possibilities for that.)

Either way, six Orioles could reach arbitration eligibility under this set-up — Pedro Severino, Renato Núñez, Shawn Armstrong, Hector Velázquez, Anthony Santander and Wojciechowski. Nonroster infielder Pat Valaika, who isn’t on the team yet but likely will be, could make seven.

15 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Tony,

Surprised Weams hasnt chimed in.

Dont think Ryan is one of their super 2 worries, they dont even mention him.

I think it's the extra year until free agency they would get was in play as well. I hope in the new CBA they get rid of lot of that stuff.