How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You do know that we have areas in this country where you choice for groceries is Walmart or Dollar General right?

I guess those people don't deserve to eat.

I guess he chooses to believe the numbers provided by the Koreans which is government controlled, just like China and bogus.

According to John Hopkins, the US has the 2nd lowest mortality rate due to COVID, than any other nation, except Germany.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

But, hell, why do we let facts get the way.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

Rick, there's reports coming out each day about other leagues opening up. The Bundesliga in Germany is about to resume play. Marylanders can go play golf tomorrow. If things stay the course, there is absolutely an opportunity for MLB to resume this year.

Very well could be.

I dont believe playing a round of golf, is the same as competitive sports.

15 hours ago, survivedc said:

Why not? They played with masks during the Spanish Flu in 1918-19. I’m sure 99% of them would take playing in masks over making no money.

Did they? I never seen pictures. Just people in still shots wearing masks.

They all stopped wearing them, when round 2 hit and thats why so many people died back then.

34 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Did they? I never seen pictures. Just people in still shots wearing masks.

They all stopped wearing them, when round 2 hit and thats why so many people died back then.

I have to confess I wasn’t there to witness them wearing masks but yes, there are pictures out there of players wearing them.

45 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I guess he chooses to believe the numbers provided by the Koreans which is government controlled, just like China and bogus.

According to John Hopkins, the US has the 2nd lowest mortality rate due to COVID, than any other nation, except Germany.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

But, hell, why do we let facts get the way.

Turkey? Japan? India?

The US is at 6% (this is reported deaths over reported cases) today.  April 22, it was 5.5%, April 17, it was 5%, April 13, it was 4%.  

21 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Turkey? Japan? India?

The US is at 6% (this is reported deaths over reported cases) today.  April 22, it was 5.5%, April 17, it was 5%, April 13, it was 4%.  

Just going by the countries listed on the chart.

23 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Turkey? Japan? India?

Appears that Japan numbers are in question.
https://safecast.org/2020/04/uncertainties-about-japans-covid-19-data/

Turkey appears to have issues with their numbers

https://www.ft.com/content/80bb222c-b6eb-40ea-8014-563cbe9e0117

For some reason, India deaths at home, even due to COVID are not being counted, only hospital deaths

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52435463

8 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Just going by the countries listed on the chart.

Which is a small subset of countries.  You said lowest rate of any nation besides Germany.  
Pakistan, Israel, Australia, Portugal, Malaysia, Denmark, Norway, Austria, all have lower rates.  

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Which is a small subset of countries.  You said lowest rate of any nation besides Germany.  
Pakistan, Israel, Australia, Portugal, Malaysia, Denmark, Norway, Austria, all have lower rates.  

Your right, I mispoke, but I was NOT trying to mislead anybody.

I believe Australia was ahead of the rest of the counties and was using Hydroxchoroquine for treatments.

17 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Your right, I mispoke, but I was NOT trying to mislead anybody.

I believe Australia was ahead of the rest of the counties and was using Hydroxchoroquine for treatments.

I don’t believe you were intending to mislead anyone.  I believe you were taking information from a good source and misreading/misinterpreting it.  I felt the need to correct it.

The world mortality rate is 7%, while the US is 6%.  The world rate will move as the US moves because the US has 1M+ more reported cases than the next highest country.  Or, put another way, more reported cases than the next six countries combined.  And as I showed before, the US mortality rate has been trending up.

Australia has done a good job of preventing the spread.  If they were a state in the US, they would be in the bottom half of reported cases.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I don’t believe you were intending to mislead anyone.  I believe you were taking information from a good source and misreading/misinterpreting it.  I felt the need to correct it.

The world mortality rate is 7%, while the US is 6%.  The world rate will move as the US moves because the US has 1M+ more reported cases than the next highest country.  Or, put another way, more reported cases than the next six countries combined.  And as I showed before, the US mortality rate has been trending up.

Australia has done a good job of preventing the spread.  If they were a state in the US, they would be in the bottom half of reported cases.

I think that if you want an accurate mortality rate, then you should look at states like Idaho or Montana.  The reason being, they are less densely populated and I believe they are more likely to have wider spread testing because anyone who thinks they have symptoms or has knowingly come into contact has greater access to testing and the hospitals arent overwhelmed. 

That would put it around 3.5% if you go off my logic, which I am sure some of you will disagree with but hey, something to think about.  I guess if you did disagree, then you are saying Idaho and Montana have superior medical workers or the people have stronger constitutions then them city foke.

Baseball wise, I agree with whoever said the next 3 weeks will be critical.  As states start opening up, if we see a second wave, I dont see there being a season this year.  Im itching for baseball.  I watched the 2131 game on youtube yesterday.  I was there as a kid, which was exciting, but watching it again as an adult, I could definitely feel the emotions of it all.

Edit: Add Iowa, Alaska, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota

52 minutes ago, sevastras said:

I think that if you want an accurate mortality rate, then you should look at states like Idaho or Montana.  The reason being, they are less densely populated and I believe they are more likely to have wider spread testing because anyone who thinks they have symptoms or has knowingly come into contact has greater access to testing and the hospitals arent overwhelmed. 

That would put it around 3.5% if you go off my logic, which I am sure some of you will disagree with but hey, something to think about.  I guess if you did disagree, then you are saying Idaho and Montana have superior medical workers or the people have stronger constitutions then them city foke.

Baseball wise, I agree with whoever said the next 3 weeks will be critical.  As states start opening up, if we see a second wave, I dont see there being a season this year.  Im itching for baseball.  I watched the 2131 game on youtube yesterday.  I was there as a kid, which was exciting, but watching it again as an adult, I could definitely feel the emotions of it all.

Edit: Add Iowa, Alaska, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota

I think the 2nd wave will hold off until the Fall, and the FLU season.

That said, I dont think COVID goes away this summer, just a steady decrease in the numbers.

IMO