Means continues to struggle as Indians win 11-3

Tony-OH

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Was?  What happened?  

Traded him.  I traded pretty much everyone, except Austin Hays who's turned into a 35 homer, low OBP type for me.  I've zoomed ahead to 2023.  It's now May 23rd, 2023 and I'm 26-23 and a half game out of first place.  Pitching is still below average but starting to come around some.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Traded him.  I traded pretty much everyone, except Austin Hays who's turned into a 35 homer, low OBP type for me.  I've zoomed ahead to 2023.  It's now May 23rd, 2023 and I'm 26-23 and a half game out of first place.  Pitching is still below average but starting to come around some.  

Nice.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice.

First item was to cut Chris Davis.  Second was to trade Alex Cobb, but no one wanted him.  So I cut him, too.  And then took a lot of joy when the Red Sox picked him up and I pounded him when he came on in relief and rallied to beat them.  

Traded Mancini and others to the White Sox for Andrew Vaughan who's turned into a stud.  Traded Givens, Tanner Scott, Jose Iglesias to the Red Sox for Benintendi, Jeter Downs and Connor Wong.  Rutschman is looking like an MVP candidate type.  It's been fun.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

First item was to cut Chris Davis.  Second was to trade Alex Cobb, but no one wanted him.  So I cut him, too.  And then took a lot of joy when the Red Sox picked him up and I pounded him when he came on in relief and rallied to beat them.  

Traded Mancini and others to the White Sox for Andrew Vaughan who's turned into a stud.  Traded Givens, Tanner Scott, Jose Iglesias to the Red Sox for Benintendi, Jeter Downs and Connor Wong.  Rutschman is looking like an MVP candidate type.  It's been fun.

One of my self-imposed limitations was to try and be as realistic as possible which meant not cutting Davis or Cobb yet. I'm trying to hold out until Memorial Day and the n I will cut Davis. Cobb of course is injured in my sim so he can't be moved. I also won't play or trade Mancini since neither would happen while he's recovering from Cancer.

But, the best thing about these sims is you can create the world you want. I am enjoy my current outfield of Yusniel Diaz, Austin Hays and Aristide Aquino and DJ Stewart at DH has been a nice surprise.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

51J+2Yg0a8L._AC_SX385_.jpg

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Why didn't the O's just hire YOU to be the GM?? 

19 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

One of my self-imposed limitations was to try and be as realistic as possible which meant not cutting Davis or Cobb yet. I'm trying to hold out until Memorial Day and the n I will cut Davis. Cobb of course is injured in my sim so he can't be moved. I also won't play or trade Mancini since neither would happen while he's recovering from Cancer.

But, the best thing about these sims is you can create the world you want. I am enjoy my current outfield of Yusniel Diaz, Austin Hays and Aristide Aquino and DJ Stewart at DH has been a nice surprise.

I mean...who's to say they won't be cut by Memorial Day?  You don't know.

Crack a beer and celebrate my good man! ?

17 hours ago, PHRESH said:

Why didn't the O's just hire YOU to be the GM?? 

Probably because there's no way the real life GMs would trade Vaughn for Mancini and others.  The Red Sox wouldn't trade Benintendi and Downs for what I gave them.  The computer seriously overvalued Tanner Scott

That doesn't mean I wouldn't trade those guys in real life if given the reign to do so.  I'd cut Davis before my butt hit my office chair on the first day, put Cobb up for sale and start pounding the phones to see what I could get for everyone else.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The computer seriously overvalued Tanner Scott.

I'd wait and see how he works out before making that call.  I've had what I thought were marginal prospects I dumped in OOTP who almost immediately became good players for someone else, and I probably should have seen that coming.  And you have to remember that the AI doesn't think things like "Benintendi is a Red Sox so he'll probably work out, while Scott is an Oriole so he's probably going to have a 5.50 ERA."  There's no emotion, only scouting reports and the last few years' numbers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'd wait and see how he works out before making that call.  I've had what I thought were marginal prospects I dumped in OOTP who almost immediately became good players for someone else, and I probably should have seen that coming.  And you have to remember that the AI doesn't think things like "Benintendi is a Red Sox so he'll probably work out, while Scott is an Oriole so he's probably going to have a 5.50 ERA."  There's no emotion, only scouting reports and the last few years' numbers.

True, good point.  But Tanner Scott hasn't done really well for the Sox, ERA's of 5.76 and 4.70.

To your point though, Kyle Stowers has been called up and OPSing at .966.  Granted it's 176 plate appearances but I wouldn't have expected any stretch like that for him.