(SIM) Givens and Alberto traded to SD for four pitching prospects

Tony-OH

This is a big trade and probably not out out of the realm of possibility irl. Would be huge irl! Altho the season is a throwaway if it had gone on normally from the start, even more so with the disruption. Either way, it would just increase our chances of a stronger MiL system and a better chance at next year's #1 draft pick. It's win-win-win.

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

Tony, did you engineer this trade or does OOTP do it? Or a combination of the two?

I shopped Givens around and was given a series of offers. I start with one player offered then try to get more players from their system. They'll tell me I'm out of my mind or i need to add a very good player if I try to get too good of a prospect. The computer loves to try and give me very expensive players that are doing well but don't have good ratings, but luckily there's a "make this trade work" button that allows them to tell what players in my system they would want to complete the trade.

That's how we ended up sending Hanser Alberto, who had lost his everyday job to Andrew Velazquez, to the trade in order to get Quantrill. 

My goal has to be to increase the talent level in the organization and I think I have done that. I have way too many pitchers though in the system so I may start trading them off to see if I can some up with a decent 2B, SS, or 3B prospect that's ready or nearly ready.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I shopped Givens around and was given a series of offers. I start with one player offered then try to get more players from their system. They'll tell me I'm out of my mind or i need to add a very good player if I try to get too good of a prospect. The computer loves to try and give me very expensive players that are doing well but don't have good ratings, but luckily there's a "make this trade work" button that allows them to tell what players in my system they would want to complete the trade.

That's how we ended up sending Hanser Alberto, who had lost his everyday job to Andrew Velazquez, to the trade in order to get Quantrill. 

My goal has to be to increase the talent level in the organization and I think I have done that. I have way too many pitchers though in the system so I may start trading them off to see if I can some up with a decent 2B, SS, or 3B prospect that's ready or nearly ready.

I read the words but no comprehension comes...

:confused: