OPACY New Home of the Jays? Update (No. It is Buffalo.)

Pat Kelly

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

There is no advantage to Blue Jays fans for games in Pittsburgh

Sure there is.  Pittsburgh is not a divisional rival.  If the games were in Camden Yards, every Jays - Orioles game would be an Orioles home game.  Of course, without fans, it's not as big a deal.  But it would still seem to be an Orioles advantage.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

We stayed at hotel at the beach last week.  The hotel we stayed at about half the people were not wearing masks inside the hotel.  I am not sure why. I had to take the emergency exit stairs to get in and out of the hotel as I didn't want to be around these people.  The one restaurant that was actually doing a really good job of enforcing people wearing masks walking to their outdoor tables had to close a couple of days after we left due an employee contacting covid.

It is night and day how the Delaware beaches are doing compared to Ocean City on stopping the spread. If you are at a Deleware boardwalk without a mask the police immediately descend on you and tell you to put a mask on. In OC no one seems to be wearing a mask and no one seems to care.  This is the first time I stayed in OC in decades. But as I already stayed in Bethany Beach this year I thought I would give OC a chance. I doubt I will ever be back. 

They should make it a jail-able offense to not wear a mask in public with a $10,000 fine.

We said take the COVID talk to the COVID thread. 

Some advice though, you should not leave you house with your concerns and ridiculous response to them.

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We said take the COVID talk to the COVID thread. 

Some advice though, you should not leave you house with your concerns and ridiculous response to them.

Well they just shut down indoor dinning in Baltimore and you have to wear a mask outside when you cannot social distance. Sounds like players will have to wear masks while batting.  My responses aren't ridiculous. I don't want schools shut down in September.  It is ridiculous not to wear masks around other people as this will just last longer. 

Funny how you say take it to Covid thread and then you make  a response about covid in this thread. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I personally think it would have been better to have the Jays split their schedule between Baltimore and DC than in Pittsburgh. They could've had a number of teams really close. Better than the 3 hour drive to Pittsburgh or flight and airport stuff.

There is no advantage to Blue Jays fans for games in Pittsburgh

Um, fans can't go to the games...

Additionally, to add something completely cynical to the proceedings, this "season" isnt about the fans.  This "season" is about being able to keep money on media contracts and earn money through media sales.  The owners aren't doing this so the fans have something to watch, they are doing this so they dont take a bath on the seasons profits.  And if having an ally in Ben Cherington in Puttsburgh, greased the wheels and made it easier to negotiate a contract, not mention not have to pay money to direct competitor like the Orioles, then all of the advantage was playing their games in Pittsburgh.

56 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Might be kind of neat to watch the Orioles plat at the Blue Jays in PNC Park.

52 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

We had the Cleveland Indians pretend OPACY was their park. LMBO

Glad the Jays found a different place to call home for this season.

And Cito still sucks. lol

Have to imagine it will be a real PITA to calculate park factors this season. Some manual adjustments in the methodology needed.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Well they just shut down indoor dinning in Baltimore and you have to wear a mask outside when you cannot social distance. Sounds like players will have to wear masks while batting.  My responses aren't ridiculous. I don't want schools shut down in September.  It is ridiculous not to wear masks around other people as this will just last longer. 

Funny how you say take it to Covid thread and then you make  a response about covid in this thread. 

Its his board! Please respect the rules. I can point to three times where it was mentioned to you in this thread. Being obstinate with Tony here is just asking for it.

PLEASE

Go there post and write @Tony-OH and he will see your response...Count on it

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Its his board! Please respect the rules. I can point to three times where it was mentioned to you in this thread. Being obstinate with Tony here is just asking for it.

PLEASE

Go there post and write @Tony-OH and he will see your response...Count on it

Let it go please It has been addressed. Thanks for all the cooperators. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Looks like a permanent road trip is the most likely outcome at this point with the Blue Jays being the home team while playing their road games in the away team's park. Seems like no city wants to take on an entire second (or third) team.

They could just forfeit all their games.