Win predictions?

drjohnnyfeva

Haven't seen this thread yet...

If present trends continue, we should improve.  How much is the question.  Winning less than 1/3 (.291) of our games in 2018, exactly 1/3 (.333) in 2019, what's in store for this year?

That was only 7 more wins from 2018 to 2019.  21 or 22 wins in this shortened season seems about reasonable percentage-wise.  That would be a .370 clip.  I would consider a .400 season, 24 wins to be highly successful, considering.  Still winning one game per series on average is a sad state of affairs. :)  Small margin of error with such a small sample this year.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I'm in the 20-22 camp

This thread could use a poll with bands of ~3 wins (or use winning pct bands)

I didn't think of that, but if an admin wants to add one that would be cool. 

17-18 would be .283 - .300. 

19-21 = .317 - .350.  

22- 24   .367 - .400

Higher than that seems like bonus territory, but if anyone wants to add higher levels... have at it. ;)

I am a lot less optimistic than most it seems. The Orioles have one of the toughest (if not the toughest) schedules in the game. While the Sox's rotation is suspect, they still have a solid offense. The Yankees and Rays are both good. The Jays, I think, will be much improved. The only team the Orioles play that is not at least a solid squad is Miami. Add in Means and Harvey starting off with arm fatigue, no Mancini and a rotation that is sending Tommy Malone out on opening day (yes, I know that's due to circumstances)...

Overall, I will be happy if the team gets to 20 wins, but expect something more like 17-18 and wouldn't be that surprised if it came in under that. The team was 19-41 through the first 60 games last year and in 2018. 

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

21 wins is a game better than last year's pace, and 57 wins over a full 162.

The midpoint of my projected distribution is 17 wins.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is a dog$#%@ team.  15 wins.  

And putting on my best price is right voice:

"One Dollar!"  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1