vs. RED SOX, 7/25

OFFNY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don’t know who “Lu Bob” is. I think his name is Luis Robert. But that sounds like a great package. What do you think the cost would be? Also, what would be the plan to improve the back end of the bullpen? We saw from Friday night a preview of what will probably happen if we get into a bullpen battle with a team with a very good pen in October.
    • Just what do you see the backlash being on Elias if the Orioles win over 100 games in lose in the first round?
    • Once the series is over, winning the last two is the most satisfying.  But while the series is ongoing, it’s the least comfortable.  So it depends which you prefer.   
    • He came up big in a big game.  And the offense came up big for him.  
    • I want to say, I thought the single he pulled on a good FB in on his hands was as impressive as the long homer he hit on a center cut FB.  Getting to those pitches in on the hands is tough.   Like I said though, I’d like to see more progress on change-ups and breaking stuff.    
    • I can appreciate where you are coming from. But the playoffs are more than luck. It’s about top talent performing against other teams top end talent. The Astros didn’t do all that winning because of luck (cheating aside lol). The Yankees teams of the mid to late 90’s were more than lucky.  We have the kind of talent (both on the field and in the front office) and we took the extreme tanking step in order to amass dynasty/multi-championship level run. Just simply making the playoffs and getting eliminated early, while you continue to be cheap and overly cautious (if that is what was to happen) will get old after awhile. There is a reason that the Rays and Guardians don’t have a significant fanbase/marketplace engagement for a reason (beyond being a small market). STL is a small market and the Padres were until recently, when their ownership changed and decided to spend to engage the marketplace and grow fan interest.
  • Popular Contributors