Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Phillies vs. Yankees aint happening tonight... book it.

Do any of us really trust Manfred/MLB to pull a rabbit out of their buttholes to save this season?

Sounds like the Reds may also have a potential outbreak on their hands. Moustakas and Senzel not feeling well... which means half a dozen others probably asymptomatic. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

This is the MLB you're talking about. The contingency plan was based on if a couple people got infected on a team. There's no plan for a full blown outbreak, there never was, because there's just no good plan for that. They're rolling the dice and hoping that didn't happen. 

36 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

All you need is 9 to play. Active roster is a max not a minimum. I wonder if we will be seeing some games with <25 players on the active roster. 

Realistically, hard to imagine Marlins playing within the next 10 days. Glad I don't have any of those guys on my fantasy team. 

I know they aren’t the ideal model, but the Orioles have played without a full active roster before.  It might not have been a good idea, but it has been done.

1 minute ago, VaBird1 said:

I know they aren’t the ideal model, but the Orioles have played without a full active roster before.  It might not have been a good idea, but it has been done.

We are not talking 1 or 2 players, but over half the team, get serious.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Sounds like the Reds may also have a potential outbreak on their hands. Moustakas and Senzel not feeling well... which means half a dozen others probably asymptomatic. 

I saw that Moustakas went on the IL after mashing in the opener.  Didn’t realize it was sickness and not injury.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

This is the MLB you're talking about. The contingency plan was based on if a couple people got infected on a team. There's no plan for a full blown outbreak, there never was, because there's just no good plan for that. They're rolling the dice and hoping that didn't happen. 

Clearly. Of course, this thing does not spread through 1 to 1 transmission, it's more of an all or nothing situation when you are talking about groups of people in enclosed spaces.

3 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

There is in fact a minimum roster size of 25 players this season. It was supposed to be 26 players before COVID because the union is (rightly) not happy when teams have less than a full roster. There was previously a minimum roster size of 24 players when there was a 25-man roster.