Update: Chris Davis missed two games with sinus infection, has recovered

MurphDogg

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

1.  You sure did.

2.  "Looked somewhat decent" is a statement that didn't bring any counting stats into the equation.

3.  Hope you blow out your Birkenstock's and your sous vide craps out, hippie.

Just got some beef back ribs to try out.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, prove to me (or yourself) that you can cook ribs on a grill and not rely on some water bath technique.

I was grilling ribs for decades before Sous Vide technology was available to the home cook. 

No my fault you have evidently figured out how to screw up a previously idiot proof cooking system.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

There are medical LAWS that make that possible.   Instead of complaining on a message board, write your Congressman and get rid of those pesky laws that allow people to have privacy about their medical condition.

And as we know with game injuries, the expected length of the absence often turns out to be wrong anyway.   How often has the first diagnosis been soreness that will go away in a few days, and a week later we find out they need Tommy John surgery.   So it's not like we get accurate predictions of the future for game related injuries either.

I don't believe it's a violation of HIPPO or any other law to say, "Chris is not with the team because he's attending to a medical issue." But maybe I'm wrong. There's certainly no violation where the player consents to the disclosure. 

As to the time of the absence, I wasn't clear. I didn't meant the team should give us a date (or date range) so that I can put on my mental calendar "Chris Davis returns (?)." I'd probably forget anyway. I meant something more like whether the absence, especially if it's not for medical reasons, is expected to last for a game, a couple of series, or indefinitely. You're right that early on the predictions of the time it will take to deal with a medical problem are pretty meaningless, and I tend to ignore them and assume the worst. 

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Davis still out of the lineup.

Iglesias is out of the lineup too, hard to imagine he would be getting a day off after his torrid start and two unplanned days off on Monday and Tuesday.

Iglesias left last night's game with a tight quad.   Hyde said he was day to day.

Roch is saying it he is likely under Covid protocol.

First baseman Chris Davis remains away from the Orioles as they finish their two-game series against the Yankees at Camden Yards. He also was absent from the ballpark last night.

Manager Brandon Hyde isn’t allowed to provide specific information on Davis, who’s likely under COVID-19 protocol. The Orioles haven’t replaced him on the active roster.