vs. PHILLIES, 8/13

OFFNY

6 minutes ago, weams said:

It was nothing like that. He threw seven different pitches as an Oriole. Was completely uncoachable. Never listened to a single coach until the Orioles gave him away and the Cubs sent him to the minors and said "you'll do this" Ask Scott McGregor or Mike Bordick if you don't trust me. 

He listened to Boras and would not go to the Orioles informal offseason strength program that even helped Chris TIllman. 

Thanks for the great info. It's been long enough that I basically forgot the story around him. I knew it wasn't so cut and dry as "we didn't let him throw his magic pitch".

7 minutes ago, weams said:

It was nothing like that. He threw seven different pitches as an Oriole. Was completely uncoachable. Never listened to a single coach until the Orioles gave him away and the Cubs sent him to the minors and said "you'll do this" Ask Scott McGregor or Mike Bordick if you don't trust me. 

He listened to Boras and would not go to the Orioles informal offseason strength program that even helped Chris TIllman. 

Don't forget the part where he blasted the O's in his blog as a minor leaguer.

• Upvote 1

I’m not sure there are any hard/fast rules about hits and errors, but if it bounces of the glove I’m usually gonna call it an E.

and if I’m Hyde, I had another reliever warming before the first pitch of the inning, on the grounds that Phillips isn’t going to come in for a second inning anyway.