Bottalico “I thought this game was an embarrassment to baseball" after losing 10-9 game to the Orioles”

Roll Tide

He’s obviously talking about the defensive snafu in the middle game. Thought it was news worthy 

Following the Phillies’ 10-9 loss, in which a pop-up gaffe and an inside-the-park homer headlined the defeat, Bottalico did not hold back while discussing the performance he saw on the field during NBC’s postgame broadcast.

“They didn’t deserve to win this game,” he said. “They deserved to lose this game … You don’t feel sorry for boneheaded plays in the field.”

“I don’t know how you felt, but I felt embarrassed for a lot of those players out there. I thought this game was an embarrassment to baseball. I felt like the Bad News Bears-type stuff today.”

https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/phillies-analyst-calls-orioles-game-an-embarrassment-to-baseball/

Fwiw, the same infielder who dropped that popup made a GREAT play last night.  Hey, the O's had 2 straight games this season where the baserunner thought there were 3 outs - and got tagged out.  You play enough baseball, and you will make an embarrassing flub.  Even Brooks Robinson once made 3 errors in one inning.    

• Upvote 1

I doubt that goes over well in the clubhouse of the Phillies. I also think your title is misleading. He never said he was embarrassed about losing to the Orioles and the fact you put it in quotations makes it sound like a direct quote. 

I'm going to fix it for you.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I doubt that goes over well in the clubhouse of the Phillies. I also think your title is misleading. He never said he was embarrassed about losing to the Orioles and the fact you put it in quotations makes it sound like a direct quote. 

No problem...but he called out Segura by name 

“He is completely on the wrong side of the field to call that ball,” Bottalico later said of Segura.

47 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Plus his busting was directed at the Phillies side and he felt sorry for “some players” ...Obviously not Segura.