Just met Al Bumbry

Mooreisbetter27

On 8/17/2020 at 9:39 PM, Tony-OH said:

Literally never met a guy who curses more and I spent 20 years in the Army! :D

Cool dude though. I've enjoyed my conversations with him back in the day.

Bumbry was a platoon leader in Vietnam Nam.  Earned the Bronze Star.  He cusses legitimately.

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:48 AM, scOtt said:

He's on Wall To Wall baseball with Tom Davis fairly often. Still an Oriole thru and thru.

Does he employ his mastery of colorful language? ;) 

I'm just imagining how play calling and color work would go with him f-bombing this and that with the s-word and other traditional favorites judiciously peppered in. LOL

56 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I'm just imagining how play calling and color work would go with him f-bombing this and that with the s-word and other traditional favorites judiciously peppered in. LOL

Next frontier of sports revenue: R-rated broadcasts on subscription-only channels.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

No, it's not "Manager's Corner." ?

• Haha 1

Al Bumbry always had a special place in my Dad's heart.  They were both in Vietnam at the same time (they never met) and my pop always admired and respected his service.  Back then, when we were stationed in Germany, we got our baseball news via Stars and Stripes. My Dad would always be up first and would have read the box scores before I had gotten up. Whenever Bumbry had a good game he could't wait to tell me about it.  Still remember him following me to the breakfast table so we could look at the box scores together. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1