Deadline 2020 Rumors and News Orioles related

Roll Tide

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But the O's got out of the O'Day contract.

Good to see O'Day's having a nice start in the Braves pen this season.  Kevin Gausman remains kind of meh - though he's got great SO and walk rates this season.      

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Good to see O'Day's having a nice start in the Braves pen this season.  Kevin Gausman remains kind of meh - though he's got great SO and walk rates this season.      

I always liked O’Day. He should be able to pitch a long time as a submarine pitcher. 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, Philip said:

You are mistaken. I never said Mike won’t trade Santander I actually think Mike will, but he won’t unless the return is to his liking. I’m not misrepresenting your point, I quoted you Word for Word. But we can leave it there, I actually think we agree, because we both think he won’t be traded unless the return is acceptable.

Where we disagree is that you think his value is not high and I think it is.

I am on team not high 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

MLB rumors: Yankees called Giants about possible Kevin Gausman trade

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/mlb-rumors-yankees-called-giants-about-possible-kevin-gausman-trade?amp

If the New York Yankees go after Mychal Givens, it wouldn’t be the first time the Yanks have worked with the Baltimore Orioles.  Zack Britton the former Oriole closer, has worked out very well for the Yankees.  He most recently took over for Aroldis Chapman and gained all eight of his saves for the Yankees.  Givens could be just the help the Yankees need to patch up their bullpen.  Givens over his six years in the majors, he’s posted an ERA of 3.31, with a 3.39 FIP that backs it up.  Although the Orioles started out hot this year, they have returned to their losing ways, and might be willing to to be a seller.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-yankees/new-york-yankees-news-rumors-who-are-the-yankees-looking-at-before-the-trade-deadline/amp/

51 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I always liked O’Day. He should be able to pitch a long time as a submarine pitcher. 

Do submariners or low sidearmers pitch longer than other pitchers?  Frohwirth was done at 33.  Quiz' last good year was at 36.  Bradford done at 34.  Tekulve pitched until he was 42.  Carl Mays 37.  Mark Eichhorn 35.  Steve Olin... doesn't really count because of the boat accident.  Byung-Hyun Kim left the majors at 28 but kept pitching into his mid 30s in foreign leagues.  Brad Zeigler lasted to 38. 

I don't know.  Maybe.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Do submariners or low sidearmers pitch longer than other pitchers?  Frohwirth was done at 33.  Quiz' last good year was at 36.  Bradford done at 34.  Tekulve pitched until he was 42.  Carl Mays 37.  Mark Eichhorn 35.  Steve Olin... doesn't really count because of the boat accident.  Byung-Hyun Kim left the majors at 28 but kept pitching into his mid 30s in foreign leagues.  Brad Zeigler lasted to 38. 

I don't know.  Maybe.

I know O'Day thinks they are more prone to hip injuries.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's will have their dream rotation if they can just trade for Bundy and Harvey gets healthy.

So they trade for Bundy and Gausman and then bring up Harvey to have their former TOR squad? They can also bring back Arrieta while they are at it ..... Rolls Eyes

From MLBTR

16-17. Mychal Givens, Miguel Castro, RPs, Orioles: The O’s start to the season turned some heads, but they’ve dropped seven of 10 and faded from the division picture, as most would expect. Givens, controlled through 2021, has been a rumored trade piece for years and is out to another strong start. Castro, controlled through 2022, has 21 punchouts and a career-high 54.5 percent grounder rate in 13 2/3 innings. Baltimore could shop them individually, but a package deal could hold appeal to a bullpen-needy club.

What is a realistic expectation for a package of Givens and Castro?

From MLBTR

22. Hanser Alberto, 2B/3B, Orioles: Alberto just hasn’t stopped hitting with the O’s. He’s batting .305/.329/.429 in 671 plate appearances dating back to 2019. Alberto almost never walks (2.9% in Baltimore), but he’s also extremely difficult to strike out (10 percent). His power output is up in 2020 thanks to a deluge of doubles, and he’s a solid glove at either second or third (and playable at short in a pinch). The O’s control him through 2022, but a contending club with infield needs could benefit immediately.

What is Alberto worth?