Hunter Harvey Activated

weams

Welp, he’s going to get lots of opportunities with Givens and Castro gone. Hopefully he’s healthy, and we can get a glimpse of what we have. I don’t think we should thrust him into the closer role like I saw in one article. Let him ease into some innings. Plus let’s be real, let Sulser vulture whatever saves he can, and avoid having to overpay in arbitration. 

This is what I find odd..Baltimore owns his rights until 2026, 13 years after he was drafted. I know he was injured etc...13 years?!

Draft: Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 1st round (22nd) of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Bandys HS (Catawba, NC).

Service Time (01/2020): 0.047  •  Arb Eligible: 2023  •  Free Agent: 2026

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Ruiz too. At some point ownership may need to step in and put a stop to the madness. 

My thought has always been, if your play justifies you wanting to look ridiculous, ok(i.e. Harvey).  If you carry a 5.00+ ERA or bat under .200, lets not bring any more attention to ourselves than we need to. 

36 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

This is what I find odd..Baltimore owns his rights until 2026, 13 years after he was drafted. I know he was injured etc...13 years?!

Draft: Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 1st round (22nd) of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Bandys HS (Catawba, NC).

Service Time (01/2020): 0.047  •  Arb Eligible: 2023  •  Free Agent: 2026

Givens was drafted in 2009 and he isn't a free agent until 2022.  That's how it can go for HS guys.