Cobb to IL for undisclosed reason, Kline promoted, Urias added as 29th man for doubleheader

MurphDogg

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If it is COVID than I find it interesting that the team's two highest paid players are the ones that have had issues concerning it.

From

August 21, 2020 03:20 PM
Orioles' Chris Davis: Lands on injured list
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Davis was placed on the 10-day injured list with left patella tightness, Rich Dubroff of BaltimoreBaseball.com reports.

It's not yet clear how much time Davis is expected to miss. His loss won't be a particularly significant one for the Orioles, as he's hitting just .122/.173/.184 through 52 plate appearances this season, considerably worse than his quite poor numbers from the previous two campaigns. Ryan Mountcastle was recalled in a corresponding move.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1514565/chris-davis

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You have to remember with me, if it isn't sarcasm it's probably music.

Underrated Suzanne Vega album.  I don't think her fanbase was ready for it.

so i didn't even know you made a music reference, and i responded with a music reference of my own?

On 9/4/2020 at 4:45 PM, weams said:

Have you had your heart scanned?

I did as part of my annual checkup for old peeps like me. I had concerns based on social media information and according to my heart doctor, COVID can cause damage to the heart in some people, just nothing like the hysteria of social media makes it out to be, but play it safe and get checked out. He compared the new tests to my older baseline and there was no change.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It’s a tough call, mostly because Cowser’s hit tool isn’t quite as good as I expected, though he may make more contact with experience.  I like both players and they bring different things to the table.  
    • I don’t think I said exactly two top 100 guys but yes, I’d do something like Kjerstad, Norby, DeLeon for Crochet.   I may have mentioned a slight variation on that previously.   Crochet is one of the best, most talented pitchers in baseball.   A difference maker.
    • Unhappy with 3-3 would be an overstatement.  I’d be a little disappointed.   I don’t “expect” anything - I’m hoping for better.       
    • In less than the last 12 months, we have lost FIVE really good to excellent major league pitchers. Doubt we'd be having this conversation if that hadn't happened. It's been obvious for several years, Elias & Co. valued drafting position players and using that asset plus waiver wire to get pitching. Of the five lost, only one was drafted by us. The trade deadline will be a hard time to make up for the loss of those five. Hopefully we can do enough betwween now and August to continue our trajectory. IMO, the next 8 months will tell a lot about Elias & Co. and our new ownership. Re the OP. IMO, there is no fool proof strategy. To many variables with each. It's almost whatever works and gets you there. Elias & Co. have gotten this far with an Angelos' ownership. I'm anxious to see what changes if any occur in the next eight months. Come next February, I'll have a better feel for our direction and how we are going to handle pitching in general going forward. What we enter 2025 with re pitching will be the telling time for me. But sometimes even the best of plans do not work out because of circumstances beyond your control. Such is life and baseball.
    • Not as short as I thought.  According to this chart, he was here from 1984-1996.  I definitely didn’t realize he was here that long.   Funny, I barely remember what he was like.  I mainly remember him being a good foil for John Lowenstein.  
    • Really nice to see the pitchers progressing with a solid crew from 5-8.
    • I think you are underselling the month. Would you be unhappy if they went 3-3 to start this?  I’m honestly not expecting more than that.
  • Popular Contributors