Yankees vs. ORIOLES 9-5

scOtt

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t think Akin should’ve opened the inning. He gave up a hit, and came out with a guy on base. Grrr Hyde just waits too long. I have more and more respect for Captain Hook, Sparky Anderson.

I agreed with Buck, and now Hyde. Push the starters, protect the Prreeccciouuussssssssss.

Just now, Philip said:

I agree completely, he beat the throw and as soon as he does the play should be dead, Unless he drastically over slide the base.

He just needs to learn proper sliding technique. Holding the bag is part of a successful steal. I'm good with the rule and very good with the call. 

Just now, SteveA said:

Right because there's no way a reliever would have allowed a baserunner.

That’s a strawman, and you know it. Akin DID allow a base runner, And everything he did in the previous inning, plus his pitch count, indicated that he was tired and it would be risky to bring him out again. But Hyde brought him out again, knowing he was tired. He did end with a K, but Hyde should have brought in someone fresh and new for the inning.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

That’s a strawman, and you know it. Akin DID allow a base runner, And everything he did in the previous inning, plus his pitch count, indicated that he was tired and it would be risky to bring him out again. But Hyde brought him out again, knowing he was tired. He did end with a K, but Hyde should have brought in someone fresh and new for the inning.

It's not a strawman! Akin has been dealing! why stop till he shows he's done? And the Pen is very much more likely to give it up.

Just now, scOtt said:

It's not a strawman! Akin has been dealing! why stop till he shows he's done?

Yeah, the kid had a shutout going vs Cole and one out away from ending the inning. I assume Hyde is aware of the pitch count and isn't worried about hitting 80. Nobody warming so clearly his plan was to get through that inning. The first two outs were quick ones. I'm OK with giving him a shot to finish the inning and keep going.

• Upvote 1