Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

On 4/27/2019 at 11:00 AM, Beef Supreme said:

If you are insulting Baltimore and Baltimoreans, it's "all the same."

People like to be called what their name is, not some slur of it. Imagine how insulting a person could be to you if they changed a couple of letters in your moniker. That would be the same as this intended slur was.

Its no slur, its been that way for well over 60+ years and before that.

Maybe some people are just overly politically correct and need to lighten up and stop looking for issues where there is no issues.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Wright made his Seattle debut, going two innings and giving up 1 ER with 2 BB, 3 Ks, 3 hits, 1 HBP, and 1 WP.

And his line is one of the better of the last two Seattle games.Texas whipped them both games.Maybe a Wright curse?Trying to get Seattle's ERA as high as the Orioles.If you pitch it,home runs will come Hit it for distance.Ease Mike Wright's pain.

Excellent article by Peter Gammons in The Athletic on Christian Walker off to a hot start with Diamondbacks..

“He’s as tough a player as you’ll ever meet,” says Buck Showalter. “I hope he gets every break he worked so hard to earn.”

“What I hope,” says Hazen, “is that Christian Walker, Adam Jones and David Peralta are what the Diamondbacks become for years to come. They are the ultimate grinders. If the Diamondbacks as a team grind the way they do, we’ll have something here.”

18 hours ago, atomic said:

Gausmans ERA is up to 4.80

I've been making a point to watch his starts, at least clips, he has moments where he looks amazing but then throws a dead fastball to 3 straight batters.  I was really hoping he could find some consistency this season.