Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

51 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Stefan Crichton was called up again by Arizona. Buncha former farm hands over there. Walker, Jones, Joseph, McFarland...

Definitely worth calling attention to the McFarlands of the world when I think we often hear how many guys on the Os, even when they were winning, wouldn’t be on another MLB roster. 

3 hours ago, TheThinkingOriole said:

I call him Give It Up Gausman. He reminded me so much of Jeremy Guthrie. I just knew when we would give them a lead, they would give it back and then some. I'd love for there for be an MLB stat called Blown Wins. It would comprise of pitchers who get a lead only to blow it.

Except Guthrie never was blessed with the arm Gausman has. Gausman can throw uppers 90’s with ease and velocity remains the same all game. 

If Gausman ever learned how to be a pitcher he would be a legit number one.

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yup, don't miss Gausman.  Actually, 8 earned runs for him tonight.  

He had a bad game. He's been decent for them overall. He's certainly not a front-of-the-rotation starter, but Max Fried and Mike Soroka are taking care of that for the Braves.

7 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Matt Wieters OPS is 1.121.

Ok, it’s 35 ABs. So, what?

I did a double take when I saw how few times Wieters has come to the plate.    The Cardinals are really riding 36-year old Yadier Molina hard — 49 starts in 55 games.   Oddly, Wieters has started the last two nights in a row after starting only 4 of the first 53.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I did a double take when I saw how few times Wieters has come to the plate.    The Cardinals are really riding 36-year old Yadier Molina hard — 49 starts in 55 games.   Oddly, Wieters has started the last two nights in a row after starting only 4 of the first 53.

I think Molina had a hand injury.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:49 AM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Except Guthrie never was blessed with the arm Gausman has. Gausman can throw uppers 90’s with ease and velocity remains the same all game. 

If Gausman ever learned how to be a pitcher he would be a legit number one.

He just can't get consistent with his breaking stuff. He's kind of a 2-pitch pitcher at times. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Homered in each of those two games.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Wieters has played in 17 games. So, they are giving Molina a bit of a break in the games he’s started.

42 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Wieters has played in 17 games. So, they are giving Molina a bit of a break in the games he’s started.

Three of those were just as a PH.   Wieters has played as a defensive sub in 8 games, a total of 17 innings.  Most of those were in very lopsided games.    

To date Molina has caught 416.2 innings, 2nd most in MLB (0.2 innings behind 30-year old Yasmani Grandal).    

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Eddie Gamboa, Aneury Tavarez, and Bennett Parry have all signed on with the Mexican League in the last week. Former O’s going south!

Gamboa is still throwing knucklers, right?  I'd missed that he was briefly back in the O's org last year.  He's only 33.  He could pitch more 15 years and become another Willis Otanez.  I'll need to remember to check in on him from time to time.