Playoffs are set

SteveA

o

The Athletics' backs are to the wall ......

GAME THREE )))))) (A.L.D.S.)

OAKLAND A THLETICS

Marcus Semien - SS

Thomas La Stella - 2B

Chadwick Piner - 3B

Khristopher Davis - DH

Matthew Olson - 1B

Mark Canha - LF

Stephen Piscotty - RF

Ramon Laureano - CF

Sean Murphy - C

Jesus G. Luzardo - LHP )) (3-2, 4.12 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Cheslton Springer III - CF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Michael Charles Brantley, Jr. - LF

Alexander David "A.D." Bregman - 3B

Carlos Javier Correa Oppenheimer - SS

Kyle Tucker - RF

Yulieski Gurriel Castillo - 1B

Aledmys Diaz Serrano - DH

Martin Benjamin Maldonado Valdes - C

Jose Luis Urquidy - RHP )) (1-1, 2.73 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

https://www.milb.com/news/the-road-to-the-show-grayson-rodriguez

I'm just going to drop this here as for something published "today" there really isn't new content.  I thought sure pre-read there would be a post-Bowie quote or something, but no.

Anyway, last night his Class of 2018 mate Ryan Weathers did playoff pitching, but it was new to me here Carter Stewart was the third prep pitcher with those two.  If the next CBA is similar and in 2025, Stewart gets Ohtani gazillions and Weathers/Grayrod are like Club3 or Arb1, that could be an interesting scenario.

O'Day was just first guy out of pen behind Ian Anderson (HS class of 2016, awesome again this October) and the booth with Buck was clamoring for the 3-batter minimum angle to play up.

Snitker called him in for Anderson/Cooper/Joyce with two out, Berti on first, and the whole vibe in the booth was OMG what if he has to face the Lowenstein guy.

Berti totally made O'Day hit Anderson by taking off on the periphery of his vision, and then Cooper walked.  Buck during the Cooper at-bat joked about giving an IBB up 2 with the bases loaded, as he did to Bonds though I doubt his booth mates got the reference.

Then because baseball, Joyce grounds out weakly on first pitch.

2 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

O'Day was just first guy out of pen behind Ian Anderson (HS class of 2016, awesome again this October) and the booth with Buck was clamoring for the 3-batter minimum angle to play up.

Snitker called him in for Anderson/Cooper/Joyce with two out, Berti on first, and the whole vibe in the booth was OMG what if he has to face the Lowenstein guy.

Berti totally made O'Day hit Anderson by taking off on the periphery of his vision, and then Cooper walked.  Buck during the Cooper at-bat joked about giving an IBB up 2 with the bases loaded, as he did to Bonds though I doubt his booth mates got the reference.

Then because baseball, Joyce grounds out weakly on first pitch.

Joyce is no Lowenstein. ?

Ahh veteran tricks.

Marlins down 2-0 in Top 8 got man on 1st leading off on Swanson error, and second batter sends weak flare towards Nick and short RF foul line.   The play ends in Nick recording a 9-6 fielder's choice force out.

I think OAA would probably say the batted ball should have been caught by a RF something like 80% of the time - it would have been fairly embarrassing IMO for Nick not to record an out on the play.

On the replay, Buck breaks down fast that Nick "made a decision" to let the ball drop, and hosannas, etc.   His arm saved his legs there.  Nick's team one out closer to a 2-0 lead going for the next round.

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Athletics' backs are to the wall ......

GAME THREE )))))) (A.L.D.S.)

OAKLAND A THLETICS

Jesus G. Luzardo - LHP )) (3-2, 4.12 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

Jose Luis Urquidy - RHP )) (1-1, 2.73 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

o

Luzardo appears to have settled in after having ceded 2 Runs in the 1st inning.

o