#5 Prospect - Billy Rowell

Tony-OH

Richie Sexson? How can a guy with that kind of power hit so few Xbh's these last couple of years. It really surprises me that you think he has that kind of power...hope you are right' date=' though.[/quote']

Out of curiousity, I looked up Richie Sexson's minor league numbers.

At 19, Sexson played in the South Atlantic League (A), posting a .418 slg% and .742 OPS. He hit an extra base hit once every 11.9 ab's.

At 19, Rowell played in the Carolina League (A+), posting a .368 slg% and a .683 OPS. He hit an extra base hit once every 12.1 ab's. Rowell's numbers at 18 years old in the SAL in 2007 (.273/.335/.426/.761) look an awful lot like Sexson's numbers at 19 years old in the SAL in 1994 (.273/.324/.418/.742).

Of course, comparing stats from the 1994 SAL to the 2007 SAL doesn't mean much.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of curiousity, I looked up Richie Sexson's minor league numbers.

At 19, Sexson played in the South Atlantic League (A), posting a .418 slg% and .742 OPS. He hit an extra base hit once every 11.9 ab's.

At 19, Rowell played in the Carolina League (A+), posting a .368 slg% and a .683 OPS. He hit an extra base hit once every 12.1 ab's. Rowell's numbers at 18 years old in the SAL in 2007 (.273/.335/.426/.761) look an awful lot like Sexson's numbers at 19 years old in the SAL in 1994 (.273/.324/.418/.742).

Of course, comparing stats from the 1994 SAL to the 2007 SAL doesn't mean much.

Interesting that Sexson really broke out in his age 20 season, posting .306/.361/.508 in the Carolina League. Let's hope Rowell can do something similar.

Have you ever had a gut feeling that someone just doesn't have "it?" I have that feeling with Rowell and I have the opposite feeling with Snyder. Oh well, I hope I'm wrong and he proves me wrong next season.

By the way, does anyone know where to find the write-ups on all of these players? I noticed Rowell and others didn't have a link when Tony announced them. I'd like to read the details of this one for sure.

Have you ever had a gut feeling that someone just doesn't have "it?" I have that feeling with Rowell and I have the opposite feeling with Snyder. Oh well, I hope I'm wrong and he proves me wrong next season.

By the way, does anyone know where to find the write-ups on all of these players? I noticed Rowell and others didn't have a link when Tony announced them. I'd like to read the details of this one for sure.

Try http://www.orioleshangout.com ;)

Archived