Jose Iglesias traded to Angels.

LookinUp

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yea, it would suck to end up with Randy Johnson!

I'm not saying it to be smart. Johnson's walk rates were out of whack from 88-92, after that it was 1 every 3 or so innings. A 6'10" pitcher with the fastball he had can cover up a lot of imperfections. There arent a lot of those guys around

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm not saying it to be smart. Johnson's walk rates were out of whack from 88-92, after that it was 1 every 3 or so innings. A 6'10" pitcher with the fastball he had can cover up a lot of imperfections. There arent a lot of those guys around

Ok but you said to avoid those guys.  No, you don’t avoid them.  

Im not saying they should be at the top of your list but you look forward talent in all forms and you trust your development process to get the most out of these guys.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok but you said to avoid those guys.  No, you don’t avoid them.  

Im not saying they should be at the top of your list but you look forward talent in all forms and you trust your development process to get the most out of these guys.

I just seem to remember lots of guys over the last 10 years that would come in in a crucial moment and walk the 1st hitter