Sheffield...Most underrated player of his generation?

Sports Guy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What, no response 66-70-83?
While 66-70-83 thinks of a retort

:confused:

I already posted on the subject.

I appreciate your interest in my opinions, though. ;)

FYI- whether someone is "underrated" is a matter of opinion. You can't "prove" that he is. There was nothing else posted that I thought needed a response.

I don't think Brown was "underrated" but I can see where others would think he is.

Pedro ? No way. He is not "underrated", imo. Everyone knows how good he was in his heyday.

Pedro ? No way. He is not "underrated", imo. Everyone knows how good he was in his heyday.

I'm not sure everyone does.

So you would agree that Pedro was better than Koufax and Ryan and is one of the ten best pitchers of all time? If not, you're underrating him.

I would venture to guess that at least 90 percent of people asked, without referencing stats, would say he's not. Further, I would guess that around half of them, after referencing stats, would still say he's not. Pedro had an unbelievable ERA+ of 215 from 1997-2003 and a has a career ERA+ of 160 (best in history).

What he did, and when he did it, is truly astonishing. I don't think most people even think he was the best pitcher of his generation. Just my opinion though, based on some people I've asked.

:confused:

I already posted on the subject.

I appreciate your interest in my opinions, though. ;)

FYI- whether someone is "underrated" is a matter of opinion. You can't "prove" that he is. There was nothing else posted that I thought needed a response.

I don't think Brown was "underrated" but I can see where others would think he is.

Well your opinion of him was certainly underrating him. Saying he's horrible at staying healthy and was only very good for awhile is rather off imo. He was often great and wasn't hurt much at all until towards the end of his career, and even then, it's not like he missed an entire year or anything.

I don't think your average fan would consider Pedro as one of the top 10 or even 20 pitchers ever.

Archived