Hays: my favorite current Oriole

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

After a 3 for 3 day featuring a couple of doubles, Hays is now slashing .370/.433/.667.    If he stays healthy, he could be a beast this year.  

Ugh.....  Had a busy day and completely forgot about game tonight. Was going to listen on app. 

He is my favorite current player as well. Love his athleticism.  Hope he stays healthy and puts it all together. 

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

After a 3 for 3 day featuring a couple of doubles, Hays is now slashing .370/.433/.667.    If he stays healthy, he could be a beast this year.  

Yay, for once the term "slashing" has real meaning. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Froberto Duran, reading too much into spring training stats?

No, MoussePie, just trying to get myself psyched up about Hays.   He had had good spring trainings before, so I know that doesn’t mean much.   But I still enjoy it when things go well.   

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No, MoussePie, just trying to get myself psyched up about Hays.   He had had good spring trainings before, so I know that doesn’t mean much.   But I still enjoy it when things go well.   

When he's healthy he's performed, so his ST numbers aren't that surprising. I don't think you have to be too too cautious with your optimism. He looks like a good player. 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:08 PM, Frobby said:

Love this guy.   He’s a really fiery player who so obviously loves playing baseball.    Was watching his homer on the highlights and he was just grinning ear to ear as he crossed home plate.    I really like his skill set, but beyond that he’s just fun to watch.    I’m really hoping he can stay healthy and show us what he’s capable of.   

THIS!!!! Love Hays, love his passion and love for the game.

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They took him out of the game in the 7th inning, so he didn’t get his last shot at the cycle.   

His one out came in the same inning he led off with a triple.   

As it turns out, since the Orioles didn't have to bat in the bottom of the 9th, he wouldn't have gotten another plate appearance to try for the cycle.  His replacement was on deck when the last out of the bottom of the 8th was recorded.