McGregor on Rutschman: "They're throwing it (fastballs) by him right now"

Tony-OH

6 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Maybe it’s because I pay more attention when he is up but it seems like they start him off with breaking balls all the time.  

Never seen a batter hit with two strikes more than Rustchman. Seems like every at bat he starts off 0-2 or 1-2 then lays off or fouls off pitches until it's 3-2. 

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It's hard to read this and not get on the hype train. 

“He’s got the best catching tools that I’ve seen in a prospect in 30 years of covering this stuff. He has better all-around tools than Joe Mauer, who is more athletic, but didn’t have anywhere close to Rutschman’s power coming out of the draft. And he had more impact with his bat and he’s more polished defensively than Buster Posey was.”

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure sounds like someone who needs to work on his game.  ?

Being a great prospect doesn’t mean you don’t have to work on your game.   

By the way, Longenhagen said on a podcast that Rutschman was the best college hitter he had scouted.   So yes, expectations should be as high as they go.   But we’ve seen that very high expectations don’t always pan out.   

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Being a great prospect doesn’t mean you don’t have to work on your game.   

By the way, Longenhagen said on a podcast that Rutschman was the best college hitter he had scouted.   So yes, expectations should be as high as they go.   But we’ve seen that very high expectations don’t always pan out.   

So he's more polished than Posey.  Remind me again how long Posey was in the minors?

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So he's more polished than Posey.  Remind me again how long Posey was in the minors?

125 games and 542 PA, not including the 19 games and 84 PA he got in the Hawaiian Winter League.  Then he got a cup of coffee at the end of 2009 and played another 19 games and 84 PA in the AFL and then 47 games, 208 PA in the minors in 2010.   That ensued he wouldn’t finish 2010 with a cumulative full year of service.

Rutschman is at 37 games and 154 PA.   

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

125 games and 542 PA, not including the 19 games and 84 PA he got in the Hawaiian Winter League.  Then he got a cup of coffee at the end of 2009 and played another 19 games and 84 PA in the AFL and then 47 games, 208 PA in the minors in 2010.   Rutschman is at 37 games and 154 PA.   

And a half season of intense personalized attention.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

125 games and 542 PA, not including the 19 games and 84 PA he got in the Hawaiian Winter League.  Then he got a cup of coffee at the end of 2009 and played another 19 games and 84 PA in the AFL and then 47 games, 208 PA in the minors in 2010.   That ensued he wouldn’t finish 2010 with a cumulative full year of service.

Rutschman is at 37 games and 154 PA.   

I wouldn't bother Frobby my man. CoC has some kind of hardon for players going directly to the majors without passing go or Elias is just holding them back for financial reasons. lol

It's goofy, but he's entitled to his goofy opinion.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But folks shouldn't act like it was nothing either.

You can say that all you want, still not the same thing.  And it's not like any of us really know what happened there.  All we have are some reports from various guys that cover the team.  Yes, they all said that Adley was great.  Doesn't mean he's totally ready for the majors.