Os #5 top farm per MLB.com

sevastras

The article reminds that we have the #5 pick in next year's draft, implying that is one of our several strengths. I'm wondering what folks foresee at that spot. I don't know the names (except for the Vanderbilt duo) but could well imagine the first four picks going to the top two pitchers, the best bat and the best power bat. So what does that leave us at #5 -- the third best pitcher, or perhaps the best speed/defense guy?

2 hours ago, now said:

The article reminds that we have the #5 pick in next year's draft, implying that is one of our several strengths. I'm wondering what folks foresee at that spot. I don't know the names (except for the Vanderbilt duo) but could well imagine the first four picks going to the top two pitchers, the best bat and the best power bat. So what does that leave us at #5 -- the third best pitcher, or perhaps the best speed/defense guy?

LSU  SP Jaden Hill?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Elias has done a good job acquiring talent and depth, but Duquette deserves a shout out here too as 14 of the top 30 prospects on their list were acquired by DD

That 16 of them (vs. 14) were acquired by Elias seems to be more of a testament to him given that he's only had two drafts, DD traded most of the big pieces prior to his arrival, and there's almost no way that international signings could have made their way to this list yet.

1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

That 16 of them (vs. 14) were acquired by Elias seems to be more of a testament to him given that he's only had two drafts, DD traded most of the big pieces prior to his arrival, and there's almost no way that international signings could have made their way to this list yet.

Having higher draft picks always helps. Anyone on this board could have picked Adley. 

How Gunnar, Kjerstad and the others do will tell us much more about the job Elias did. 

I do think the trades in 18 collectively weren’t great. Eating O’Day’s deal impacted return for Gausman.